Esteemed Contributor

I just got back from vacation April 11th and have enjoyed very nice weather. I have been in major garden cleanup since we returned.  Five hours yesterday, two this morning and more this afternoon.  My hate for oak leaves is reinvigorated.

It is lovely to be outside again. My spring love affair with Epsom salts is on again!!!

Happy Easter to my gardening friends.  Can't wait to see what this year brings.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom  I presume the snow is all gone with no chance of more?  Let the fun begin.  We're up to 80° days here now. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624, I will post some photos this afternoon.  We still have a couple of stubborn spots with snow.  The funny thing is that my crocuses, our first flowers of spring, are usually under the snow that takes the longest time to melt.

Hopefully no more snow from above.  Onward to gardening season!!!  LM

Honored Contributor

I have been outside pulling weeds....

Honored Contributor

My hubby cut down three Nellie Steven holly trees that were 25 feet high and 10 feet wide.  Also, we removed 7 large shrubs.  All of this was in front of our home.. all foundation plants. We loaded them into a trailer and he made six trips to the landfill to dispose of everything.

On Monday, we will rent a stump grinder to remove the trunks that are about 12 inches wide and the roots that are about 3 inches around and have traveled all over my yard.

Right now my front yard looks awful.  DH is going to put in a new walkway and then we will have to re landscape again.  My job is to find and plant new shrubs into the big bare spaces. This is going to be a chore since some of the old shrubs are still there and they are large specimens.  I need to make choices that will fit in with what is already there.

I love spring even if it means yard work.  We are doing all of this work so that it will be low maintance in the future.  

Honored Contributor
We had some really nice and unusual weather in early March, so I did the majority of my yard cleanup then. But as we all know, it's an ongoing thing. Yesterday I weeded two rather large flower beds, today hubby took the chain say to some old, dead trees that fell onto out property from the adjoining forest, so I've been doing cleanup on that area. Back is so sore I can hardly move. Lol, I love yard work and gardening, but it is harder every year for me to do.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie, that's a big undertaking.  Good for you for taking it on.  Your new yard will be very nice I'm sure.  What zone are you in and what are your mainstay plants?  Care to share a photo?  Would love to see your work progress.  I am moving to less care as well.  I have a big job in front of me as I have almost two acres of gardens!  We are in zone 5.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@Snicks1, get the Epsom Salts ... can't do without them myself.  Just had a marathon three day yard cleanup.  I am far from done but it is shaping up nicely!  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Snicks1, get the Epsom Salts ... can't do without them myself.  Just had a marathon three day yard cleanup.  I am far from done but it is shaping up nicely!  LM

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Lilysmom  What do you use Epsom Salts on?  I use them when planting peppers and tomatoes.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Lilysmom  What do you use Epsom Salts on?  I use them when planting peppers and tomatoes.

@mousiegirl  She probably gets achy doing that bending lifting and soaks in them. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment