Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove-

I think I'll get some raisins and cranberries next time I go to the store!Smiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@ScarletDove-

I think I'll get some raisins and cranberries next time I go to the store!Smiley Happy

@on the bay  Let us all know what happens with the catbird and mockingbird vs. raisins.  Who is more dominant?  Here the catbird dominates over the sparrows, yet the catbird seems to be intimidated by the Robin. There is also a crow with a damaged foot and he will take all the cranberries and/or raisins. All are intimidated by him, he is a big one! I also put out raw sunflower seeds with the berries, the sparrows are more interested in seeds. The little bunny and squirrel seem to be ok and the birds still come around, bunny and squirrel not intimidated and birds don't seem to be afraid of the mammals. Bunny and squirrel like berries and seeds. 

I am able to get 23oz bags of cranberries at Safeway for $5; use for me and the birds. Have fun!

Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove  Baby Rubythroated hummingbird.

Image result for picture of baby hummingbird

Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove  Bee hummingbird

Related image

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl  what an amazing picture.....I am in awe!  The one visiting my flowers was much smaller than this little fellow...did you take this pic or have the pleasure of this fellow in your hand?

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@ScarletDove  Bee hummingbird

Related image

@mousiegirl  your pictures are amazing.  The baby I saw was smaller than this tiny one.....

Esteemed Contributor

@ScarletDove  that is so awesome.  The first one, years ago.... I saw I thought as a big bee.

We have 3 hummingbird feeders at our TV room window.  It's a crazy time, dive bombing each other, sometimes sharing a feeder.  Some are so tiny.  I never thought some may be a baby.

Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl  what an amazing picture.....I am in awe!  The one visiting my flowers was much smaller than this little fellow...did you take this pic or have the pleasure of this fellow in your hand?

@ScarletDove  I googled with the info you mentioned, and this came up.