Honored Contributor

Speaking of painter Bob Ross

I just learned that an exhibit of his original paintings is on display at the Penticton Art Gallery in Penticton, British Columbia, Canada from July 4 to September 13, 2020. They've named the exhibit "Happy Little Accidents."

If you're lucky enough to be in the vicinity, what a treat to be able to see them in person.

www.cbc DOT ca/arts/it-s-the-world-s-biggest-museum-exhibition-of-bob-ross-paintings-so-how-d-it-wind-up-in-b-c-1.5659949

Bob Ross-5738.jpg

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: Speaking of painter Bob Ross

I never did one of his paintings but I loved watching him.  His voice was so soothing I would fall asleep when he was on!!!

Honored Contributor

He had a very soothing voice and I loved when he included some little critters in his pocket, like baby squirrels or something else that had been abandoned and he was nurturing.

I watched many of his shows, bought all his books, used his line of paints, and had fun doing landscapes, naturally it would also have a cabin and water nearby. Typical Bob Ross.

Of course, my canvass had a LOT of happy little (well maybe not happy) accidents! Oh, and I would slap my brushes against the easel, just like he did.

It would totally destroy my faith in that man if I saw him ranting and raving about something behind the scenes! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

Bob Ross’s is the voice of three sleep stories on Calm, very 

relaxing.

Thanks for sharing @GingerPeach .

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

Just watching Bob Ross now. The PBS Create Channel airs two episodes Saturdays at 9PM ET, and an episode weekdays at 11:30 AM & PM ET. Very calming to watch and listen to him. I find myself looking at the sky and clouds and thinking how the colors would translate to a Bob Ross painting.
Honored Contributor

Last weekend at the grocery store there was a Bob Ross magazine, sort of a tribute, like they do for so many celebrities. Very interesting to see photos of him from years ago and to read how/why he started painting. And about the finger he lost, why he went with (and stayed with) the permed hair, etc.

Here's the magazine and it has about 100 pages of information and lots of photos.

Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 3.42.45 PM.png

Respected Contributor

I always loved his "happy little trees". Miss him lots.

Bob. Happy Little Trees. Ross. | RelicRecord