Honored Contributor

Sometimes Memes Are Just Plain Silly.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sometimes Memes Are Just Plain Silly.

@Foxxee   Actually I love this.....the strength and will to live so strong that it can grow through concrete.  

Regular Contributor

I like it

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have seen plants grow through cracks in concrete  caused by freezing, but not break through solid concrete that wasn't cracked.  I'm thinking about my driveway that was replaced last year.  

I have seen tree roots crack solid concrete, though.

Honored Contributor

Weeds.

Honored Contributor

I had the roots of what I thought was a dead and gone trumpet vine travel over 20ft under a concrete patio and come up through the expansion joint between the house and patio.  I thought I'd never get rid of that thing.  Don't plant trumpet vine.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I had the roots of what I thought was a dead and gone trumpet vine travel over 20ft under a concrete patio and come up through the expansion joint between the house and patio.  I thought I'd never get rid of that thing.  Don't plant trumpet vine.

@Kachina624 They grew up over a lot of the gateposts at the farm.  They were relentless.  AND covered with ants!  Millions of ants!  You dreaded getting the gate open--I swear they could grow back over night.

Pretty but I can't see one without thinking about the ants!