Respected Contributor

Re: Some one turn the frost off😩

I'm sorry to hear that. I prefer cooler weather so I'm happy but sad to read this post.

~Live with Intention~
Super Contributor

I'll swap with you. It has been summer with heat and humidity since early April! We are sweltering already and it's not summer yet. We had some rain, but not enough. We're in drought mode already and will probably not be allowed to water. That's common in the South where we live. So we have cracked dirt, rocks, and everygreens. Very boring. I'll take cool over this miserable heat any day.

tea 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NycVixen@teainlondon@Catty2@GingerPeach@Kachina624 @goldensrbest, it seems like we have such extremes now.  Too hot, too cold, not enough rain, floods, fires.  When I built my home 12 years ago, a/c was optional.  Not anymore.  It is a must have these days.  

Looking forward to a a few more degrees of heart soon.  LM

Super Contributor

We've pretty much been hanging around 100 since late May with nights in the high 60s - low 70s. I've already started telling people I'm ready for winter.

Trusted Contributor

I live on Long Island - We haven't had any frost for a few weeks now, but I lost a few of my freshly planted annuals to the tremendous amounts of rain we have had in the last several weeks.  I planted some beautiful hot pink geraniums and deep purple petunias in one of my perennial gardens and they aren't looking very good.  Some have died and others are barely hanging on.  I have never had this happen before.  I must assume it was the rain because geraniums and petunias love sun and heat.  They don't require a lot of water.   I'm so disheartened over this...  Just wishing for sun and more color in my gardens.  We'll get there... slowly but surely...

Esteemed Contributor

@Wahoogaz, that is hot!  I can imagine you must stay indoors in that heat.  Impossible to work outside so I can understand why you are looking for winter.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@Grade1Teach, a lot of people lost their annuals and vegetable gardens.  You could drive along a street and see sheets covering gardens.  The news reported farmers have lost 80% of their blueberry crops.  Fruit is going to be imported and expensive this year.  LM

Super Contributor

The continued chilly weather is why I decided not to plant vegetables this year. 

Esteemed Contributor

@IslanderGirl62, good move!  Many frustrated veggie gardeners around here.  They had to start all over again.  LM