Honored Contributor

Re: Some of My Garden Photos Mostly Roses

@Daisy Sunflower

Me too!! Had many years ago the regular bachelor buttons in the blue color but they got too out of control even though I had them in a lamppost planter. These I happened to see when I was at a small nursery near a Home Depot close to where my MIL's home was located. Two years ago, I was tasked with redoing or making the house have curb appeal so we could sell it quickly! The hard part was deciding what plants would work in a full sun area that had no underground sprinkler system and the sale of the house went through our hot summers.

I have to say these plants did well with water every other day and of course mulch!

I ended up choosing what I call 'prairie flowers'-- plants that do well despite what is thrown at them-- coreopsis, bachelor buttons, small juniper called 'Blue Star', Gaillardia, forget me nots and perennial salvia.

So when I redid an area in my garden-- having removed overgrown 'Sea Green' junipers, I added the 'Amethyst in Snow' bachelor buttons in 2 places. I had a different situation as to what to grow there as it was an eastern/southern exposure with some shade provided by a magnolia.

I added 3 Hakone grasses 'Naomi' and 3 Tricyrtis 'Togen' This was just enough as it is also the place where my 3 tube bird feeders are located. This was done last year and all the plants are thriving well. The Tricyrtis has doubled in size.

Just a note: if there are rabbits in the area, they do like to nibble on the Hakone grass. I had one that nibbled just on one of the plants so it looked like it had a 'haircut' for the later part of the summer!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting pics of the beautiful roses. Believe it or not they do very well here in New Mexico. They seem to like the sandy, fast-draining soil and endless sunshine.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@country gal

My father's home has Double Delight which I believe he bought from Jackson & Perkins or bought from Home Depot. According to helpmefind.com/rose it does get mildew so even though it is fragrant, a person would have to use fungicide to protect the plant or do very good garden clean up in the fall.

Here is a photo of it for those who want to 'see it'.

'Double Delight ®' rose photo

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@country gal

My father's home has Double Delight which I believe he bought from Jackson & Perkins or bought from Home Depot. According to helpmefind.com/rose it does get mildew so even though it is fragrant, a person would have to use fungicide to protect the plant or do very good garden clean up in the fall.

Here is a photo of it for those who want to 'see it'.

'Double Delight ®' rose photo

I can never pass this rose wherever I find it ti take a sniff, the fragrance is marvelous.  I bought cherry Parfait this year from Jackson, which is similiar but mostly white with pink/red edges,   It is just beginning to bloom, and is stunning.

Honored Contributor

This is Cherry Parfait.

Cherry Parfait™ Grandiflora Rose

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@mousiegirl

Those listed roses are not all mine-- those were the ones at Extension Demo Rose Garden!! There are about 90 varieties of roses there. At my own home I have 23 roses.

I am running into the problem of when I go to import a picture from my computer that the resolution is too large-- red message comes up telling me there is a limitation on the resolution. So pictures I wanted to show -- the entire rose garden for example were too large for this forum.

Mousiegirl-- go to the icon of the landscape above (a mountain icon) click on that. Then it should say browse, full size, inline and public album should be clicked unless you want it in a private album. I have to see if I can choose smaller than full size to cut the resolution of my rose garden to import. I will do that in the next post and fool with it and see if that solves the resolution problem.

No one has answered my question about that yet on Q Talk or Suggestion Box where I wrote a post with questions.

Jazzmom, did you figure out how to insert a picture when the pop up says that the picture is too large?  How can it be reduced in side.  I figured out how to get my photos to post just a minute ago, but now what do I do?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl

The Admins have not addressed that question yet!! Woman Sad Too many other things they need to do, like fix various viewing platforms (for tablets, laptops) and various browsers (Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox) so that each platform/browser all sees the same thing here.

I imagine that we have to make a copy of our picture under our My Pictures folder (if using a PC) and then play with that to lower the resolution-- to under their resolution limit.

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@mousiegirl

The Admins have not addressed that question yet!! Woman Sad Too many other things they need to do, like fix various viewing platforms (for tablets, laptops) and various browsers (Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox) so that each platform/browser all sees the same thing here.

I imagine that we have to make a copy of our picture under our My Pictures folder (if using a PC) and then play with that to lower the resolution-- to under their resolution limit.

Thank you, Jazzmom, it's all Greek to me.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

This is Cherry Parfait.

Cherry Parfait™ Grandiflora Rose

I copied this picture from somewhere, can't remember if it was Jackson's site or elsewhere.  My bush just has two blooms now, but I am expecting many more.