Esteemed Contributor

Re: So tired of waiting to get gardening......

@Snicks1, I got out today too.  I cleaned up the rock wall garden and all around the stone patio deck.  I lost two 50’ spruce Christmas Day.  We cleaned it up and got a neighbor with a backhoe to push the stumps we left (12’ tall) upright again.  I have lost some things in that deal but will have to wait and see what is there and what is not.  LM

0025EAD5-21E7-4A33-9130-162200EF8785.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Snicks1, I got out today too.  I cleaned up the rock wall garden and all around the stone patio deck.  I lost two 50’ spruce Christmas Day.  We cleaned it up and got a neighbor with a backhoe to push the stumps we left (12’ tall) upright again.  I have lost some things in that deal but will have to wait and see what is there and what is not.  LM

0025EAD5-21E7-4A33-9130-162200EF8785.jpeg

@Lilysmom, wow, so sorry you lost trees. That is always sad to see. I'm just in from working around our pool doing cleanup. About halfway done. I may go back out for a bit longer later, but for now...resting, lol. Rain forecast for tomorrow.

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text

Esteemed Contributor

@alliswell,hehe, right on!

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom- so sorry for all your damage.  Is your house OK?   

@alliswell-- cracked me up!  One day short sleeves, the next day heavy coats!   It's 27 degrees here this morning with heavy frost and light snow.  We have 2 big Tulip Festivals in our area every year.  This year both festivals were cancelled because millions of tulips didn't survive all our freezing weather. I wonder if and when we finally have spring, will frozen perennials come back?  Will flowering trees re-bud?  Time will tell.  My gardens are a brown wasteland right now.   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo, yes, the trees were far enough away the from house.  Thanks for asking.  The roller coaster Spring continues.  I was cleaning up outside on one bank today.  Two sweaters and a down vest.  Just right.

I had friends coming through Toronto airport last night on their way to Halifax.  Delayed five and one half hours due to an ice storm.  Hundreds of cancelled flights.  

Where did Spring go????  LM

Honored Contributor

I had 2 days that were nice, yesterday was chilly but I did spend a little time outdoors working. Today rain/snow mix with temp high of 35, by Tuesday it's supposed to be back to more normal temps. Roller coaster ride, lol.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

"feel-like" temp 24 degrees at Fenway Park today!!

Honored Contributor

Mother Nature:

You can’t fit all 4 seasons into a week!

Long Island.:

Hold my wine glass! 😄

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

I know what you mean...will we even have a spring this year?

Live in Michigan...talk about a roller coaster ride the last few days!!!....right in the middle of this huge storm system for days now... winter storm warnings since Friday night..which they just dropped this AM..

In the 50's last Friday...1/2 inch ice on Sat, with 40 mi/hr. winds...lots of power outages.....

Yesterday 3 inches wet snow on top of the ice...

Still snowing on/off today...supposed to do this another 3 days...then finally by the weekend, back to normal temps....

What a wet terrible mess!!!....but I have to think it could've been worse..at least we still have our home...some don't, especially  down south...as this storm system has produced many, many tornadoes...

Poor birds/animals...they're starving, no berries/acorns from last year due to early hard frosts during the blossoming season... been going through the birdseed, etc...I'm hoping this year the flowering season will be delayed, so the buds don't frost...maybe there'll be more food for the animals this coming fall...

But I'm sooo done with this mess!!! Let there be spring!!!