Honored Contributor

So beautiful....I'm mesmerized by this momma cardinal!!!

Two weeks ago I heard rustling in my hibiscus outside my bedroom.  Looked out & 2 beautiful cardinals.  I looked closer & oh my goodness, a nest with 2 eggs.

911B7499-B0B6-48F4-A924-666D9D5D39A3.jpeg

DB6ACB81-5852-41C5-9454-405582F36AF1.jpeg

I am mesmerized watching this beautiful momma nesting all day & daddy cardinal sits on branch above closely watching.  Tonite, i heard tons of "chirping" looked out and he was there beside her (couldn't get my camera fast enough). 

Beautiful moments of nature

Honored Contributor

Re: So beautiful....I'm mesmerized by this momma cardinal!!!

I have a nest of cardinals in my climbing rosebush. They are so beautiful. We have been watching them every day.

Honored Contributor

Oh, I'd love to see that.  I love cardinals and we don't have them here.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Beautiful!  What a joy nature is.

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON

I think this poor momma must be thinking this crazy lady is watching me all day!  It's sooooo funny hubby is doing the same ...this is the most excitement we've had in months!  lol

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

I videotaped them together just beautiful! I wish I could share with you but I don't know how!!!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@DREAMON

I think this poor momma must be thinking this crazy lady is watching me all day!  It's sooooo funny hubby is doing the same ...this is the most excitement we've had in months!  lol

We have no trees here on the Bay and I have never seen a cardinal here. About a week ago I noticed a beautiful cardinal sitting on the power line outside of my house. She flew away and I didn't see her again till I went out to secure some drooping rosebush branches. I touched that branch and she came flying out and all this chirping started. I looked and saw the nest. Today I went out there and the mother flew out and sat about 10' away and didn't take her eyes off of me. 

The rosebush branches will have to stay drooping till they leave because we would never disturb them.

It was really windy here last night and I was worried about them but they are still there.

Esteemed Contributor

I've never seen a cardinal nest but have adult ones in backyard constantly due to the wood lot and yummy seeds/dried fruit and nuts I serve up.  In the winter there are at least 6 pairs of cardinals - beautiful against the white fluffy snow.  They hang out in the trees when not eating - and the feeder when they are.  Now the babies are trying to figure out how to land on the feeders - they get scared but try again.  Fun to watch.

Respected Contributor

I don't see it.  Is that little black thing it's eye?

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1

The male cardinal has the red plumage; the female, brownish with a faint red tinge.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill