Esteemed Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

When my power goes off, no matter how beautiful it is outside, I am not in a good mood! 

@colliegirls, what a gorgeous dog!  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom

Please always continue to take pictures and post them for us.  Your photos are always so uplifting!  Thank you for sharing your winter wonderland.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@LilysmomThere is something peaceful walking through the gardens with snow covering the plants and shrubs.  But, at the same time, it's a little sad remembering how colorful and pretty it was a few months ago but then I can tell myself that it will be again in a few months.  That's the joy of a gardener.  Thanks for the thread and the pics.  Enjoying both.

Esteemed Contributor
@lucymo wrote:

@LilysmomThere is something peaceful walking through the gardens with snow covering the plants and shrubs.  But, at the same time, it's a little sad remembering how colorful and pretty it was a few months ago but then I can tell myself that it will be again in a few months.  That's the joy of a gardener.  Thanks for the thread and the pics.  Enjoying both.

@lucymo, I welcome the rest in winter from the gardens.  I have other things to occupy me in winter.  Although my closets are calling me, I am on a quilting roll now and have been making good progress.  Today was cold, sunny and a nice groundcover of snow.  I will post a couple of photos of my Lab and my quilt.  They both keep me occupied these days.  Only 8 more weeks til Spring!! LM

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom

Looks like Lily is playing with a Frisbee outside and that quilt is gorgeous!! Heart

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

@Lilysmom

Your property looks like Heaven on Earth year round.

We have a vacation home in Tuscany and adore it, but there are more than a few of your pictures that have made me jealous.

Honored Contributor

The quilt is gorgeous.  My family all love quilting but me, not so much.  I have done some but just not my thing.  I do love the quilts after they're finished. 

I know what you mean about doing other things while the gardens rest but I've cleaned all the closets, delivered the donations, packed up all the Christmas decor and replaced everyday decor so I'm ready to go to the garden.  I do need to do a couple of floral arrangements for the house but haven't decided what I want to do.  I like big containers with a more natural appearance.  Enjoy your quilt, it's beautiful and so is your fur baby.

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

The quilt is gorgeous.  My family all love quilting but me, not so much.  I have done some but just not my thing.  I do love the quilts after they're finished. 

I know what you mean about doing other things while the gardens rest but I've cleaned all the closets, delivered the donations, packed up all the Christmas decor and replaced everyday decor so I'm ready to go to the garden.  I do need to do a couple of floral arrangements for the house but haven't decided what I want to do.  I like big containers with a more natural appearance.  Enjoy your quilt, it's beautiful and so is your fur baby.

@lucymo, I am still looking for the inspiration to get me going on the closets.  Not my favorite job to be sure.  

I want to keep going with the quilt while my fingers are toughened up so I won't have to start that process over again.  I am on # 16 of 20 squares so I should be done next week.  I am looking for some binding inspiration too so I will hit the fabric stores this weekend ... A job I should have done first!

I am on the spring countdown ... 8 more weeks👏.  LM

Trusted Contributor

Can there be flowers in the snow?  Oh how I wish!

flowers in the snow 2.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@newlook123 wrote:

Can there be flowers in the snow?  Oh how I wish!

flowers in the snow 2.jpg

@newname0, now that is a sight for sore eyes🌾🌷🌹!!!  LM