Esteemed Contributor

Power out for a few hours early this morning.  Woodstove on, gas stove working.  Quilting by the fire.  Some days I love winter!  LM

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Beautiful pics!  Sounds like a lovely day by the fire!  I need to fine something to keep myself busy on days like this. 

Esteemed Contributor

image.jpeg..

image.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal, yes, some mornings it's just nice to settle in for a few hours and relax before the snow clearing.  It's noon here now and still no plow.  Ok with me😊.  LM 

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@hoosieroriginal, yes, some mornings it's just nice to settle in for a few hours and relax before the snow clearing.  It's noon here now and still no plow.  Ok with me😊.  LM 

@Lilysmom - isn't  it just so peaceful after a snow - I think I love that the most.  The other night I went out to detach the hose from the outside of the house - it was dusk and I was in my bathrobe.  I turned around to go back in the house and there was a deer standing about 10 feet from me - I don't know which of us jumped higher!  I put some cracked corn and a couple of peeled oranges out for it.  I love seeing the deer in my yard!

Respected Contributor

A winter wonderland for sure. I enjoy seeing pictures of the nice fresh fallen snow, but do not miss the reality of those long harsh winters. 

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Lilysmom - isn't  it just so peaceful after a snow - I think I love that the most.  The other night I went out to detach the hose from the outside of the house - it was dusk and I was in my bathrobe.  I turned around to go back in the house and there was a deer standing about 10 feet from me - I don't know which of us jumped higher!  I put some cracked corn and a couple of peeled oranges out for it.  I love seeing the deer in my yard!

@hoosieroriginal, a beautiful sight for sure.  Our Lab keeps the deer away.  The funny thing is that they know the minute we are gone away it seems.  DH has many apple trees which the deer love.  Every September/Oct we go away for a week.  Without fail, they come bounding through the property and hit the apple trees.  Our neighbors report their activity with amusement.  I have learned to pick what we want before we go.

Lots of birds at the feeders with all the snow down.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@StylishLady wrote:

A winter wonderland for sure. I enjoy seeing pictures of the nice fresh fallen snow, but do not miss the reality of those long harsh winters. 

@StylishLady, yes, you know all about the snow.  It's nice at the first of the season but it can get old!  As long as it is good enough to get our dog walks in, we're good.  For those times we aren't, we join you in the sun for a visit😀.  LM

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@Lilysmom wrote:

@hoosieroriginal, a beautiful sight for sure.  Our Lab keeps the deer away.  The funny thing is that they know the minute we are gone away it seems.  DH has many apple trees which the deer love.  Every September/Oct we go away for a week.  Without fail, they come bounding through the property and hit the apple trees.  Our neighbors report their activity with amusement.  I have learned to pick what we want before we go.

Lots of birds at the feeders with all the snow down.  LM

@Lilysmom - I just love the deer - I love looking out in the morning and seeing their little hoof marks across my yard - that's why I leave food out for them. 

Esteemed Contributor

When my power goes off, no matter how beautiful it is outside, I am not in a good mood!