Honored Contributor

The expected snow finally arrived & started shortly after noon. I managed to put my ferns & toadlilies to bed before the flakes flew. 

Found a large enough piece of burlap to eventually cover the rhododendron.  Will take care of that Saturday into Sunday.

I see about 2” on the ground; it will change over to sleet/rain.

Welcome to winter! 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Ours started around 7 a.m.  We didn't get the one inch predicted...more like four!  At least it looks like it's melting.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

Related image

Esteemed Contributor

I’m in Suffolk County east of NYC.We were supposed to get mostly rain.Well it’s snowing hard here.My son left work over 2 hours ago & hasn’t gotten home yet.I have no idea how he is.Don’t want to text him cuz I don’t want to distract him. DH & I are nervous wrecks!! Normally, the commute would take him about an hour.

Honored Contributor

I’m in Nassau County 1 County over East of NYC. Suffolk County is even further East. Looks like we have about 2 - 3” now. Waiting for the rain....

The Long Island Expressway which runs through the center of Long Island is   probably keeping up with the plowing. It’s the side roads that don’t get plowed as often during a storm.  

Esteemed Contributor

Our snow is expected to start in a couple of hours.  Snow, freezing rain, rain.  Hello again winter!  LM

Esteemed Contributor

We got about 6 inches of snow in our part of NJ.   It took my husband almost 10 hours to travel from Trenton to Carlstadt NJ.   The roads/highways were not plowed and the traffic was horrendous.  He didn't get home until almost midnight!!

Honored Contributor

I'm southern NY/northern NJ. Roads were horrible from later in the afternoon yesterday till this morning. It's very hilly around here so cars could not get anywhere in and around town. Plows couldn't get through as cars were blocking them. Schools closed today.

Honored Contributor

Our town got 5” of the white stuff. I think the intermittent rain skewed the results to less when I looked out the window. IMO it looked like 2” as the driveway snow wasn’t level with the Belgium block. It’s not a scientific measurement from the Town (probably a ruler stuck in the ground!)

It’s all gone today. 

New Contributor

Hey Jazzy, its Jeannie *kittysexton: and I'm trying to get ahold of the old group. Is it still around?