Respected Contributor

This time of yr. I am surprised they did not have a presentation of the Sloggers Garden Clogs. Not the garden shoes. I don't find them as comfortable. My neighbors is also an avid gardener that loves mine & wears the same size & wants a pair. They are so comfortable & easy to hose off dirt etc. They are also inexpensive compared to others on the garden page. I want another pair for the backyard.

Honored Contributor

They're good for when you have to work in wet or muddy situations, but due to the nonbreathing material, my feet sweat and become uncomfortable in them.  So, mostly I just use old tennis shoes when gardening since I'm usually out there for hours on end.  

Respected Contributor

I ordered a pair of rubber boots several years ago from the Animal Rescue Site. They were pretty cheap too.

I wear them to shovel snow and work out in the garden. The best boots I've ever had. My pair has dogs and cats on them. 

Respected Contributor

I love them and have used them for years. I finally bought them for my daughters because every time they came over to help me clean and prep my bed my sloggers seem to disappear... lol

Respected Contributor

I have and like, the Sloggers closed shoes and wear them a lot. I don't care for the clog style though, not comfortable on me-  I am looking for new garden clogs, see several choices on Prime- 

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess My feet do not sweat that much with the clogs compared to the garden shoes. The clogs have the heal open so their is a bit of air flow. I prefer them over tennis shoes or light weight slip on sneakers. We get lots of rain in fl. & I try to garden in the early morning when its cooler. I have not been gardening for a few wks. because of a small injury but luckily my Husband has been weeding & watering some pots etc. etc.

Respected Contributor

Costco has the clogs for 19.99 online.

Respected Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

Costco has the clogs for 19.99 online.

Thanks so much for this heads up.😃 I always get mine online too.🌸

Trusted Contributor

I buy a new pair of the Western Chief Costco garden clogs every year.  They don't have much arch support so I remove the removable insole and put in a Dr. Scholl's insole.  

My yard is almost completely wooded and I wear hiking boots to do heavy duty yard work or anything to do with climbing ladders.  I need to make sure that I'm sure-footed when walking around the yard and woods because the last thing I want is to fall and break a hip.  Even mowing the yard, I wear hiking boots because of fire ants.  No flip-flops in my yard, wear at your own peril, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

@River Song 

I also wear boots when doing gardening in the yard (vs patio/deck/porch).

I live in Seattle and it's wet here a lot and I hate wet cold feet. I also need to be sure footed because my spouse is currently stuck in a bed or a wheelchair and I cannot help him if I get hurt.  Lastly, because I am a big sissy, I wear boots because we have snakes, lizards and frogs in the yard and they skeeze me out when they slither over my bare foot. 

I like clogs, but it's too easy for me to slip out the back of the clog when I walk backwards. I also find it easier to slip in an orthotic with a closed shoe/boot.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."