Trusted Contributor

Sabi Star Plant (today's Hot Pick)

FYI: This plant is toxic to animals. It only takes a small amount to be lethal. In many cases, with prompt veterinary assistance, the animal will still die.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Sabi Star Plant (today's Hot Pick)

I googled this Shauna and according to the ASPCA and others, you are absolutely right! Now why does this not appear on the Q plant description. It needs to be addressed. Thank you for the info.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/20/2015 Chlemma said:

I googled this Shauna and according to the ASPCA and others, you are absolutely right! Now why does this not appear on the Q plant description. It needs to be addressed. Thank you for the info.

I know! I wouldn't be too concerned with dogs, but cats are curious and like to get into things. I would hate for something like this to happen.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention Shauna!!!! I just cancelled my order of 2 of these plants. I have several indoor pets and I would never want anything in my home that would potentially harm them. QVC needs to disclose this info especially for an indoor plant. I'm very disappointed in QVC for the lack of information!!!

Trusted Contributor

Roberta's NEVER tell you the real stuff behind the plants they sell. You need to do your homework before you order anything from them or any other plant vendor.

This morning I saw they had Clematis plants...they showed a nice looking plant, and the person kept saying that it will grow eight feet this season.......sort of true. BUT...they also has two displays with full on blooms and they were lush. DO NOT be fooled by their displays....if you look closely, there are at least 4 plants in those containers....you little single plant you get from Roberta's WILL NOT look like that at the end of the summer.

Consumer beware.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/20/2015 sheasmom said:

Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention Shauna!!!! I just cancelled my order of 2 of these plants. I have several indoor pets and I would never want anything in my home that would potentially harm them. QVC needs to disclose this info especially for an indoor plant. I'm very disappointed in QVC for the lack of information!!!

I'm really glad I posted this and you saw it.

Contributor

Oh my goodness! I had no idea. I need to cancel as I have a pup who puts everything in his mouth. Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

On 1/21/2015 chihuahuaX3 said:

Oh my goodness! I had no idea. I need to cancel as I have a pup who puts everything in his mouth. Thanks!

Glad you saw this, too.

Occasional Contributor

I checked this out prior to ordering this morning and found that indeed, this is a highly toxic plant to children and animals.  Quite surprised that Carolyn would be the home page endorser of such an item.  If you have animals or children in your home, just say "NO" to this poisonous plant.

Contributor

There have been many posts on this under the tsv post. I wrote to Carolyn on her Facebook. This plant has a derivative of DIGITALIS which can make the heart stop.I