Esteemed Contributor

For those of us in the winter climates, it is 31 days til Spring.  It will be nice to see warmer temps again.

Our weather has really changed.  I hope I’m not jinxing myself to say that.  We haven’t had much snow this winter.  As long as we don’t get it all on the back end of winter, I’m good with that!!!  LM

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SPRING COUNTDOWN 31 days

The older I get the worse these winters feel. I ask myself frequently, why do I live here with this cold and snow? 😂  

Thank you for the inspiration Lilysmom I can do 31 days! 🙏🤞🌷

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom, and everyone,

Woke up to a few inches in New Jersey,

https://cambagitator.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/cool-cartoon-2778063.png

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in New England and this really has been a pretty easy winter.   Though I also don't want to jinx it.  March can be a tricky month regarding the weather.   It is nice though to have it staying light out a bit later!  Everyday we are a little closerSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

We had a very mild winter with very little snow.  Except today.  We are expecting a big storm to move through the State and later today we will get about 8 inches of snow.

The wind is blowing now and soon the temps will drop 30 degrees.   I wouldn't want to be traveling anywhere. 

It's quite the adjustment from the 60's we've been having.  I've been working in my flower beds and trimming hedges.  Now it's time to get out the snowblower.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, @Lilysmom we got what I call a spring snow last night! It has pretty much melted off the pathways here. Streets were kept clear pretty much as we got a light snow. 

Spring will be here soon. My daffodils are starting to send up their leaves. I got an e maill this morning that our Rose Committee Head sent for a mid March meeting. 

I sent off my Felco pruners (#2 & #4) to an authorized Felco Dealer who sharpens, cleans & repairs if necessary Felco tools in the Finger Lakes region of NY called Amberg’s. A call to the Felco distributor in WA state got me their address both web & business. 

I just sent off a check & should get them back via UPS once they cash my check. 

So if anyone has any Felco tools, give them a call so your tools are ready to go once we can all garden again.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for giving us hope :-)

Esteemed Contributor

@Scooby Doo, crazy isn’t it?  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom  No snow at my house, but it has been an unusually warm Winter until yesterday, and it is so cold today, I can't remember when it has been this bitingly cold, even though the sun is out, nearly froze taking my pups out to do their business, lol, and the wind doesn't help matters.

I thought I was going to be able to plant seeds outside early, but not now, so will begin them inside under the grow lights, usually don't have to use these often.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl, we had snow yesterday ... about 5 inches.  Today everything is white and beautiful.  We took the dogs out for a walk this morning and it pure sunshine and zero (which is our freezing temp in Celcius).  Not a breath of wind at all.  Just gorgeous.  The snow has been melting all afternoon.  We have rain coming so it will be gone soon.  If this is winter 2018, I'm good with it.  Too early for seeds here but soon.  LM