Honored Contributor

Re: SOME BROOKLYN NYC GARDEN PICTURES

What a lovely assortment of colorful vibrant flowers and plants!!!!!!  It is a beautiful display!  

Ahhh Brooklyn !  Your post brought back memories of visiting my best friend who lived at Bay Ridge when I was growing up.  I love Brooklyn!!!!!

Super Contributor

@JustJazzmom   Yes, that peony is Bowl of Beauty.

Honored Contributor

So so pretty!

Everything!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

My 'Bowl of Beauty' languished for many years, not really putting out a lot of blooms. 

I had to dig up & pot up the 8 peonies I had next to our driveway when an attached garage was built in that area. That fall, I transplanted 2 divisions of each peony into the area next to a new brick pavers walkway.  

This is year 2 after the transplant & 'Bowl of Beauty' as well as the remaining 7 were covered with buds this year. This is the best year yet for those peonies. I guess they got just enough full sun & cold weather to set buds! 

I guess the division & transplant helped!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@BklynKinsey  Such a great variety of color and texture! Beautiful!

Valued Contributor

So beautiful! I am feasting my eyes. How do you store your beautiful plants in winter? You must have somebody strong to lift and move them.

Honored Contributor

@BklynKinsey    I'm sure all your efforts are a labor of love! 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful! You've done a terrific job - everythings fits in so well. I love the lobelia. I had one in a very large pot a few years ago and the hummingbirds loved it!

Respected Contributor

Just Beautiful! Wonderful choices of color & texture. Those Lemon Coral Sedum really pop. A work of Love. Great choices for those perennials. Do you have a seating area on your balcony? @BklynKinsey 

Respected Contributor

@BklynKinsey   Beautiful.   You prove the point that more than "a tree grows in Brooklyn"!

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet