Respected Contributor
@ perfumers DeLa

Roses have southern exposure and adequate drainage. My main battles the last two years have been with deer. They eat blooms and stems. Last year black spot not as bad as in prior years but humidity takes its toll. I water with soaker.
Respected Contributor
I live in Florida...very hot and humid. I fight blackspot from summer through early winter, depending on how much rain. Even the disease resistant types get it.
Some of my favorite varieties are Neptune, Mr.Lincoln, Legends, Sugar Moon, Fragrant Cloud, and just planted a Tropicana. I choose only fragrant Rose's with HUGE blooms. Also I find this variety to last very long on the plant without dropping petals. In my opinion, Neptune has the hardiest bloom I've seen yet...big, packed rose, in lavender, that smells soooo awsome! The bloom just never falls off, until I deadhead.
Have fun with your Rose's, but be prepared to spend alot of time on them.
I'm keeping what I have, but not adding anything more. I had bad spring and summer with them last year, and fought blackspot and dropping leaves, no blooms. Just tooooo much rain. Hopefully better this year, but I'm not putting anymore money into treatment. Just will do normal maintenance, water, fertilizer , disease spray, and deadheading.
Respected Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:
Thinking positively! Any suggestions about roses for area prone to black spot and fungus. Looking at Jackson and Perkins catalogs and only few listed. (I think I will put fence around my bushes this year to ward off deer- I miss my roses.)

@Twins Mom  my favorite rose from Jackson and Perkins is called Sevillana.  They had it in their catalog last year, but not this year for some reason.  But if you put the name in the search bar it does come up and it is available.  it's a little smaller than the knockout and much prettier (I think).  It's red, though.  Not sure if you wanted red. Where I used to live I had one for 7 years and it was beautiful every year.  Absolutely no maintenance. 

Frequent Contributor

Can you plant a ton of foxglove infront of the roses? They are toxic if eaten and deer avoid them.

If so then perhaps you can grow some climers behind the foxglove. "Rosa Iceberg" can take a bit of moisture and is a lovely hearty species that has fragrant little white roses. Cecil Bruner is another great option.