Honored Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

@Kachina624 

You know, scientifically, I guess you are correct.  However, emotionally, I'm thinking some birds and animals just want to get even with us for...whatever!

@maximillian   I get the same pooping on chair backs on my patio by sparrows who have absolutely nothing against me.  They just like to roost above the chair. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

What kind of wreath is it?  Does it have moss or any other materials on it that can be nesting material? They will attack a wreath till they remove the moss or ribbon to make their nests. I had the same thing happen here and I realized that is what the bird wanted. I removed the wreath and problem solved it started attacking my neighbors wreath!  

Respected Contributor

My neighbor is having trouble with a robin on her covered deck. It flies at and hits her glass slider door and poops all over. I told them to maybe put something like a sheet to cover tha glass. It was maybe thinking it was another robin to mate with or to fight with. They had to hose every thing down to clean it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Robin seems angry

[ Edited ]

I have had problems with birds seeing their reflection in my dining room window.  They make a big mess on my deck and make the window all smeared up.  They drive me crazy.  Every spring I tape newspaper on the inside of the window and the birds leave me alone.  

Esteemed Contributor

great discussion !   It would seem that either I'm in that "flight pattern" that was mentioned or because I took the wreath didn't and she either wanted to make a nest in the wreath as birds have I done in previous years or I have I say the wreath us actually a basket made if twig lime material with flowers and a fake bird , small best and Robin eggs .   Maybe the Robin thought I was taking away a bird nest with eggs ,  could be 🤔  Also was mentioned ,  sorry I'm not stating names if the posters,   We have those owls  that are Tully is motion activated and sqwaks when something is in the vacinity .  It's to keep away snakes and also rabbits from eating our veggie garden and I decided to put one on our porch which is a covered porch and today NO p**p .   So we will see if it stops now.   

It it is hard to beileve a bird would be spiteful as I dont believe animals think that way ,  have had dogs, cats all my life and have never found that to be true .   However never a bird ,   but it is curious.    We do enjoy all the birds in out yard which are many ,  we feed them and provide houses to nest ,  plus lots of trees in the woods for them to next as well just never had an incident like this. 

Thanks fir fir the replies 😺

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, perhaps she was planning to put her nest there again.

A few years ago we had our car attacked by pooping birds.  I finally had to put bags over the rear view mirrors and eventually it stopped.  It was like they targeted the car for some reason.  Today I park in the same place and no issues so far this year.  The birds must have moved on.

Honored Contributor

Don't know about robins, but I hear crows hold a grudge.

I got strafed a couple of times yesterday by a robin, but it was because I was too close to her nest while I was cleanig out one of the beds.  Once, the rake handle actually ht the lower branhes of the Holly she was nesting in, so I can't blame her.  

I always get nests in the Hollies which is why I have to wait until it gets hot to trim them back.  Ugh!

I have a pair of finches who have built a nest on top of our security camera on the front porch for the 2nd year in a row.  Every year I have to fight off the Carolina Wrens tryng to build in the garage.  I even put houses out for them although I don't think they have ever used either one of them.  I did have some chickadees use one this year, and last year a pair of bluebirds used the other one although dthey seem to have found a better place this year.  They do show up for some of the food offerings though.