Esteemed Contributor

I put a wreath on our front glass door the other day .   I saw that a Robin was flying around it so took it down.    We've had problems with birds maki g nests in our wreaths every year and it's upsetting sometimes as we have found dead babies on the porch and splattered eggs which is so upsetting .   Because of this no more wreaths on the front door .  We have plenty of trees to make nests ,  we live in a wooded area,  plus we have bird houses . The problem now is though and I'm not sure if this is even possible ,   this Robin comes back everyday now and p**ps on the door , porch and pillars.   I know it's the same bird cause I can see him through the glass .  She flies half way up the glass then flies up to the door ,p**ps,   then the pillars .   I'm amazed at this but I swear the bird is mad at the wreath being gone and is getting back at us .   Is there any way this could be true ?  I mean I didn't think a bird would react in anger or that it was even possible .  Anyone ever have a problem like this ?

Esteemed Contributor

Umm....is your porch and front door covered by a roof?   If yes, then I have no answer for you.  If no - you are on 'flight pattern' meaning........mama bird cleans the nest of poop - and takes it away & drops the 'bundle' wherever.  You get the 'bundle'.

For some reason my driveway is on the flight pattern - woods in the back - but every year my clean blacktop driveway is splatter with white globs.  No neighbors get the hit - but I have for over 30 years.  Lucky me.

Then again.................perhaps the bird IS ****** about the wreath  LOL

Honored Contributor

Maybe your Robin sees its reflection in your glass door and thinks there's a rival in its territory.  Animals don't have human traits like revenge. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore 

I think robins are spiteful birds.  When I had clotheslines in the backyard, I never had problems with the wrens who built nests in my nearby clematis vine.  But if a robin had a nest in the vine, me and that bird had boundary issues all summer.   She was guaranteed to ****** on anything I hung within 10+ feet of her nest.   

Respected Contributor

Re: Robin seems angry

[ Edited ]

We are also having a problem with a robin.  We have a small front porch.  I have a double-seater, gliding chair out there with a high back.  That darn robin gets up on the back and yes, she p**ps.  So, we went to our local branch of a chain home-improvement store this morning and bought a resin owl.  The owl is now on top of the high back.  So far, so good.  Well, not exactly.  Now one of the dogs barks at the fake owl.  SIGH.  Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

You know, scientifically, I guess you are correct.  However, emotionally, I'm thinking some birds and animals just want to get even with us for...whatever!

Honored Contributor

Just last week I kept hearing a bird squawking out front, and asked my husband if there was a bird on the front porch.   

He had just come inside from smoking, and a robin with a mouthful of twigs had intentions of building a nest on our porch light.  He swatted her away several times, and she was sitting on the lowest limb of the tree fussing at him.  She finally gave up.

Respected Contributor

@RedTop 

In previous years, we had a roin build a nest in that location on our front porch.  Cute babies, but more clean-up-you got it-bird doo.

Honored Contributor

It's MATING SEASON......the birdies are all acting a little nutsy.   I was driving down my street this morning......and a bird tried to land on the hood of my car......it was staring right at me thru the windshield......and trying to get traction with it's scrawny feet.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Re: Robin seems angry

[ Edited ]

I had a robin last year build a nest right in the center of this tree. She laid 2 eggs which eventually ended up fledging. This year I see robins on our front lawn, but no nest building yet. Sorry it's sideways; it correct in my photos. But you see how small the tree is? The nest took up the entire center!

9D867CCC-D022-492D-BB96-37A9FEDEA364.jpeg

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼