Occasional Contributor

i have always bought some flowers from Robertas but because of the stay at home bought a lot this year.  Firat got delivery date of April 8th, then changed to April 21 and now May 8th.  At this point i could buy the flowere at local stores wearing a mask and gloves.  I usally have all of my flowers in the ground mid april to late april.  I know people have been getting plants so not sure why these are constantly changing dates, 

Occasional Contributor

Actually just checked agian and it is now changed to June,  This is ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

@gb2 wrote:

Actually just checked agian and it is now changed to June,  This is ridiculous.

The summer will be half over by the time you get your plants.  I'd ask Customer Service to cancel the order(s).

Esteemed Contributor

Normally for advanced orders you can go to YOUR orders entered and just click EDIT order and then click CANCEL.   It will then ask you to confirm - click that and you're done.  Shouldn't have to deal with CS.

I cancelled two flower orders some time ago - month or more - so it should work for you.  But with QVC you never know!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm wondering if it is because of the virus and the spraying they are doing on all the packages. I received my plants super early and I couls still smell the spray. It really had an effect on the poor plants. Most of them looked pretty sad. You might be in better shape with a late delivery and the early shipments that I received. 

I would still consider cancelling all your orders and looking local to get your garden in when you prefer.

Occasional Contributor

I just tried to cancel and it says it is only an attempt since it comes from the vendor.  Even though I got an email last night that they were not shipping until June.  I tried to cancel 3 separate orders.  Can not get through to customer service.  Tried 8 times and they won't put you through.  I sympathize with what is going on but if you are going to be open you have to have customer service answering phones.  Can't this be done remotely.  I have spoken in the past to customer service in Texas. Family is now buying plants for me locally.

Trusted Contributor

@gb2 

I am in the same situation.  I had an order of Phillip Watson's Sparkler Cleome (shipped by Roberta's) that I placed on April 21st.  It went "in process" and was supposed to be here by May 1st.  Well, May 1st came and went, and still no Cleome.  They weren't even shipped at that point.

I got fed up yesterday and tried to cancel.   No such luck.  I received the same message as you on my account saying that they were "attempting to cancel."  The order now says it will be delivered by June 8th.  What's the problem in cancelling?  That's a month away!  Surely those flowers aren't sitting in a box for a month with my name on them. At least they better not be...

I was on fb yesterday and Devin Wallien made a video explaining the problem with shipping. He said that because of the pandemic they are low on manpower.  Less people are reporting to work so they can keep up with social distancing guidelines. Therefore they don't have enough people to package their flowers to keep up with the demand.  He also said that since the weather has been so awful (cold, rain, no sun), they are not comfortable sending out flowers to customers.  The flowers don't have a strong enough root system to survive the stress of shipping. All understandable reasons.

I appreciated his honesty, but it would be nice if QVC was honest about it too.  QVC needs to notify customers about what is going on.  Before seeing Devin's fb video, I had tried several unsuccessful attempts to call CS at QVC.  If I had known all of this, I might NOT have tried to cancel my order and I definitely would have NOT attempted to call CS.  What a waste of time.

I know these times are unprecedented and I'm sure we can't even begin to imagine the toll this is taking on QVC and their vendors.  However, as I have been saying all along, the customers are still shopping and placing orders.  We are still using our hard-earned money on THEIR products.  More transparency from them would go a long way and perhaps cut down on people getting so upset.

Just my thoughts.

Respected Contributor

I know this is a thread about Roberta's but just wanted to mention I am not experiancing that issue with Phillip Watsons items. I ordered his 6 piece 3 variety beefsteak tomatos on 4/17 with a delivery date of 5/7 and I see they are out for delivery today, the 7th.

Do all of Roberta"s items come from Hawaii? Maybe there is an issue getting them out of there? Sorry this is happening to you, I wouldn't happy about it either.  Smiley Sad

Occasional Contributor
I know it’s bad QVC doesn’t even let you get a customer rep on phone I have $300 in plants coming since I personally can not go to stores I ordered more but my dates have changed 3 times and one order ordered at same time only bill to ship to for my daughter for Mother’s Day is now called advance and they item aired after I purchased mine so did they over sell or what on Roberta’s website that item is sold out . Got to do chat after 45 minutes waiting and didn’t get a straight answer one item was to be here last week it was Phillip Watson sun patiens not here I am so frustrated get no answers wish they would tell me one way or other so I could get someone to get them for me around here
Occasional Contributor

I pre-ordered the five tomato plants from Roberta's in February. It said arriving April 15th. I still don't have them. Robertas said QVC didn't even put the order through until April 30th. I would appreciate knowing if they are coming at all, so I can try to buy them somewhere else. After reading these other comments, I'm going to try to cancel.