Valued Contributor
I just watched several presentations trying to decide if I wanted this. Heard various hosts say this was an immediate ship item, as it is an indoor plant. So I ordered it, and see it is advance order just as my other flower purchases. What's up with this? Anyone else have this happen?
Honored Contributor

Re: Roberta's Totem pole plant

You are asking a question the rest of us as fellow customers can't answer. Did you read the reviews on your plant? Not too good. This thing appears to be some type of dracena which are common and available already leafed out at any store that sells houseplants, and for a lot less than Roberta's is charging. I see them at Walmart all the time. I'd rethink my purchase if I were you.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

OK....if you read my question...I asked if anyone had ordered it and had to wait or it was sent right away. I did NOT ask for you to answer with your opinion on how I should spend my money. Nor did I ask for your opinion on the reviews. I would suggest if you can't answer the direct question maybe just move along. You have a good day now.
Honored Contributor

Well, aren't you sweet. You can bet I won't waste my time on you again. You obviously don't know anything about plants so thought I could help. So sorry!
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I can answer your question. I ordered one years ago. It finally, after many months, produced one leaf. I cared for it by following the directions exactly. Mine ended up having little bugs in it and I had to throw it away. Hope you have better luck. You will need to change the water often, as it gets slimy and smelled. Keep it clean..

Occasional Contributor

They ship out later. I saw the first presentations that said immediately for the totem and the orchid cactus. Then later presentations had a specific ship date in May.

Valued Contributor

Thank you heather. I was wondering if this may be the case. Poshparis, sorry yours didn't survive. I do have a black thumb, but my cousin's is fabulous. And kachina, i wasn't asking for education on plants, just the shipping. Sorry you felt you wasted your time. But you decided to spend your time giving your opinion that had nothing to do with my question. Not my fault.
Super Contributor

Not worth time or money I ordered this a year or so back followers instructions to the letter never did leaf just looked awful. Buy one already leafed out at your local nursury
Esteemed Contributor

Cancel your order. I got this about 5 years ago. It sprouted fine in the water, but really didn't grow after transplanting it to dirt. I finally tossed it as it look nasty.

Esteemed Contributor

It hasn't happened to me.

I had that plant a few years ago. I enjoyed it. I had no trouble with it and it lasted a pretty long time. I've considered ordering it again...but I don't want to take care of another indoor plant.

I hope yours arrives soon.

Keepin' it real.