Esteemed Contributor

I had one open order - Gerber Daisy - just received e-mail requesting I cancel - unable to ship.  

Had already cancel 2 other orders a while back b/c of reviews.

"R" practically begs us to buy their plants = and then can't deliver.  Interesting

Respected Contributor

Be glad.  I bought her Gerber daisies last year - 2 sets - they arrived in poor condition and never did grow let alone bloom.  Robertas replaced them but same deal with second 2 sets.  And they would not replace again or refund.

Honored Contributor

I bought a few things from Robertas--that died-- so never again--however, I caved in and bought some fragrant lily bulbs a few years ago and those things are amazing---same with Cottage Farms--but recently ordered more lily bulbs from CF. The others arrived in such poor condition and what a hassel to get them replaced--decided for a refund instead---we'll see when the lilies get here.

Respected Contributor

Re: Roberta's Plants

[ Edited ]

Well bad news for me I guess.  Last year I ordered a 6 piece gerber daisy set as a gift.  They failed to thrive.  Contacted Roberta's and they were unable to replace at that time.

I kept my emails and just contacted them about a week ago inquiring when my replacements were going to be shipped.  Had to contact via email and no one in customer service answers the phone.

I wonder if I will ever hear from Roberta's at all.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Roberta's Plants

[ Edited ]

I'm beginning to be suspicious - that this family may not be the big flower growers they appear to be.  With such poor sick  plants upon arrival - I'm doubting they ever see what's shipped.  Could be they place their orders with various 'growers' - and growers fill our orders.

I research a rock garden plant I had ordered this year.........perfect for my front garden.  Google info says plant is from far off mountain side country and can not survive in our local gardens.

The Dad of the     "R" team also said - far off country - but didn't say it can't survive here.

Trusted Contributor

@fthunt My problem with R's is that they ship too early.  My order of two patio tomato plants, 2 patio cucumbers and 2 patio baby eggplants were received in perfect condition.  I kept them inside until last week when it was warmer and then - this dang cold blast, today temps in the 40's, freezing tonight, cold again tomorrow.  Bought the eggplants inside but the tomatoes and cukes are in containers too big to bring in so covered them with a sheet and pillowcase and crossing fingers.  Checked on them this a.m. and so far, so good.  They've all grown at least 12" and the cukes even have little baby cukes lol.  so, can't complain about the plants, just about the weather.