Super Contributor

Roberta's Oriental Totem Pole

Can you share your experience if you got one this season? Does it have green stuff all over it?

I got one of these 2 years ago and it is just beautiful...I wanted another one.

The one I got this time had a green coloring all around the log. It's the kind of green, .... moss, ( not the fuzzy kind ) that forms on some outside furniture, bricks, concrete, etc.

When I put it in the water, as instructed, in a couple of days the water was milky and getting a slimy look to it. I could only let it go for a couple of days before I had to change the water again. I think it would literally mold if I didn't....and I know it would stink too.

After reading about Roberta's CS over the years here, I contacted QVC CS before the 30 days and they promptly replaced it. I haven't put it in the water because I'm going to be out of town for a few days.

BUT>>> the replacement has the same green c*rp all over it. I'm afraid it will do the same thing when I put it in the water. Anyone have a solution? I did use a toothbrush and tried to scrub it off the first one, but it didn't help... had to be pitched.

Has anyone just put it in the pot with potting soil and forgot about the steps with the water and changing it once or twice a week for 6 - 8 weeks?

TIA Tabby

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~