Super Contributor

Just received the Hardy Gerbers from Roberta's today - what a disappointment! It looks as if they were frozen! I've never had good luck with Roberta's stuff, but I got sucked in with presentation. Never again! I'm very disappointedIMG_2014.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Roberta's Hardy Gerbers

[ Edited ]

@tl98466What zone are you in? They shipped from Indiana . . . and it's still very cold there. Depending upon the USPS routes, those trucks may have been in frozen weather. I'm in Zone 5-B and we had more snow today and high temps of 21. Sorry they didn't work out. They were so pretty and I was also very tempted to try them! Call for a refund OR a later shipping date. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I consider myself to have a fairly green thumb.  I used to have a large greenhouse and grew 250 species of Bromeliads.  One thing I could never grow are Gerber daisies.  I treat them like a baby but they just drop dead.  The last time I bought one, I brought it home very dry, gave it a little water and left it in the shade on my covered patio, out of direct sun.  When I looked at it a few hours later, it was dead as a doornail.  I've given up on them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

You should print a copy of this picture and attach it to your refund request. 

Esteemed Contributor

Bromel???? spelling - never heard of it - off to Google

Esteemed Contributor

There is a balm in Bromeliad! I think of the hymn 'There is a balm in Gilead" every time I hear Bromeliad. I just can't help it! LOL

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I'm in zone 8b - Pacific Northwest!

Respected Contributor

Surely you'll be in touch with them for a refund.

I've never had any luck with gerbers.  They are pretty though!

Super Contributor

Thanks to David in customer service for the refund! Great customer service!

Trusted Contributor

I hope you go ahead and plant them @tl98466.  I picked up a couple of Gerbers from the nursery last year, planted them in pots and they did really good.  From the look of them this spring, I never expected them to come back. They looked dead, but I went ahead and watered and put them outside, and now they are full of green leaves and I'm looking forward to the blooms. So glad I didn't get rid of them.