Valued Contributor

Roberta's 8-pc Down Under Water Me Not Creeping Stonecrop-Heavy Periodic Rains

Does anyone know if these plants can withstand heavy periodic rains? They will sit in water for a while and then dry out on a slightly slopping hill.

Valued Contributor

Re: Roberta's 8-pc Down Under Water Me Not Creeping Stonecrop-Heavy Periodic Rains

Answering my own question. They can withstand periodic heavy rains according to the people from Roberta's Unique Gardens.

Contributor

Re: Roberta's 8-pc Down Under Water Me Not Creeping Stonecrop-Heavy Periodic Rains

Liliblu, we purchased these last year. Quite frankly, I don't think I'd purchase these again. They just didn't grow. At the end of the summer they were the same size as when I planted them in the spring. I put them in various places around my yard and none of them amounted to much. I hope they grow and look better this year. Time will tell. To answer your question, some of mine do get regular down pours of rain and it didn't seem to harm them any.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

On 2/18/2014 nc girl said:

Liliblu, we purchased these last year. Quite frankly, I don't think I'd purchase these again. They just didn't grow. At the end of the summer they were the same size as when I planted them in the spring. I put them in various places around my yard and none of them amounted to much. I hope they grow and look better this year. Time will tell. To answer your question, some of mine do get regular down pours of rain and it didn't seem to harm them any.

Thanks for the response. I'm giving them a try. Even if they do not spread out much it will not look worse than what is currently there.