New Contributor

Roberta's 3-piece Birds, Bees and Butterfly Bou

HELP

This plant never bloomed and it seems to be overrun by these yellow bugs. 

Do i just get rid of the plant?  Or is there a way to get rid of the masive amount of bugs.  Nothing seems to working to keep them at bay.  Have used a few different bug sprays.

Thanks

Regina

Honored Contributor

Re: Roberta's 3-piece Birds, Bees and Butterfly Bou

What kind of plants are in the 3 pc Birds Bees and Butterflies?  Just wondering.

New Contributor

Hmmm i don't know actually.  That''s what it was called when ordered it

Honored Contributor

@RegDen

Roberta’s has a money back guarantee on their plants. 

You may email customer service at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RegDen  According to the presentation these flowers are supposed to attract butterflies, bees, and humming birds...I am guessing it also attracts other bugs..I attached the youtube video for the presentation.  I would call Roberta's and ask for help with this...at least they can give you some advice on what to use for the bug problem but seems that if you spray for one thing it may kill the butterflies, bees and humming birds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1tzDCVPuUk

Image result for Roberta's 3-piece Birds, Bees and Butterfly

Trusted Contributor

If it were me I'd rip it out immediately before what ever they are spread to my other plants.

Esteemed Contributor

Me too - get rid of it as soon as possible.  I have no idea what that plant is.......but you don't need it nor what it might bring to your garden.

Esteemed Contributor

That's butterfly weed (asclepias spp).  If it's perennial in your area, it may need another year before it blooms.

The yellow insects are likely aphids, and they are a great food source for ladybugs.  Don't spray.

Cogito ergo sum
Super Contributor

I purchased this set two years ago. They grew big and bloomed within a few months of planting them.

Unfortunately, I then found out they were poisonous to dogs, so I pulled them up and threw them out.

I emailed Roberta's - just to tell them I thought they should mention what plants are poisonous either during the on-air presentations or in the online plant descriptions. I check the ASPCA's poisonous plant list before buying, but plants are often known by several names and whatever Roberta's called them wasn't on the list. The woman from Roberta's agreed with me and said she'd been trying to talk them into doing that for several years. She then offered me any replacements I wanted in the same price range. I thought that was very nice of her.

New Contributor

wow, they definitely did not mention that inthe presentation.  I have a dog but she's not big on eating plants.  Luckily.