Frequent Contributor

The pumpkin shown in those photos is not from normal everyday pumpkin seeds. You have to buy special giant variety pumpkin seeds that are capable of growing that big, in order to reach that size. I think showing this giant pumpkin and saying Root Blast made it this big, is false advertising. Also the Root Blast rep, said the last photo was a zuchinni. I doubt that it is. It appears to be the normal size for zuchinni. But the yellow bottom reminds of a pickle. A very large pickle. The rep. said the photos were from customers - and because I don't think the pumpkin or zuchinni photos are really truthful - maybe the people describing the photos, actually have NO gardening experience.

Anyway - if you are only buying Root Blast to grow huge pumpkins... then consider this a warning. I searched for and bought giant pumpkin seeds from a guy in Canada - for my husband to grow as a hobby in our garden. These seeds are more expensive than the standard variety. If you want to pursue giant pumpkins, here is the link I used to order seeds a few years ago. http://www.howarddill.com/seed.html They may be other places that have giant seeds - but this is where we ordered from.

A final note: you'll need lots of space - for the vines. Once the blooms start opening, you'll need to do hand pollination - their website describes what's needed. Also, for the pumpkin you are training to grow big, when it gets larger than a medicine ball, you should place it on a wooden pallet of some kind. That will make it easier to deal with later. We did have 1 really large pumpkin but only about 200-300 lbs. We moved it to the front yard on a pallet and set up corn shocks, made a scare crow man out of straw and built a Halloween scene around it using a couple bales of straw and other goards etc. Lots of people stopped and took family photos near the arrangement.

I am NOT discounting Root Blast. I have used it in the past and ordered another quantity this time.