Trusted Contributor

I ordered plants from QVC for the first time last year and I was extremely disappointed.  Most of the things I ordered came dead or were about to die.  However, I did have GREAT LUCK with the Shasta Daisies from Cottage Farms.  Every single one bloomed profusely last summer (small in size for the first year, which was expected).  This year, they are coming up in beautiful mounds and are at least double the size.  They obviously survived the winter and are ready to grow.  I'm sure they will be even more beautiful this year.

I know the way these plants arrive are hit or miss for the most part, but if yours come to you healthy, I think you will love them.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi, @Grade1Teach -- thanks for your review of CF's Shasta Daisies.  I've been considering them.  I've never grown Shastas before, but a friend of mine has them.  She complains that Shastas need constant deadheading to continue blooming.  Did you have that problem?   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

@tototwo   - You are very welcome!

The flowers grew in small bunches last year, so I really didn't have a tremendous amount of flowers to deadhead.  They were always filled with flowers, but just in smaller bunches. The flowers kept coming without me having to do much of anything.

I planted some on the first level of my retaining wall (toward the back) and I never bothered to deadhead them once.  They stayed beautiful and full all summer long.  The rest were planted in the front of my house and I think I cut them maybe once, if at all.  This year will probably be different, but I don't think it's too big of a deal.  I have other Shasta Daisies that I bought from Home Depot a few years ago and I only deadhead them once or twice a season.  It isn't something I constantly need to do.

I hope that helps!

Honored Contributor

the  only things I've had luck with--from Robertas --are lily bulbs---the really fragrant ones--they grow year after year for me. I did order the succulent mat from P Watson recently, to divide up, but in the past most of the stuff from Cottage Farms was dead and broken when I finally got them---got my money back tho and haven't ordered since. I prefer my local nursery altho not sure how I am going to get my veggie plants this year---been on a lock down order for the last month and I stick to it. 

Honored Contributor

I had good luck years ago from Cottage Farms with some Chinese Lilac bushes.  They're blooming right now.  But since then terrible luck with both Roberta's and Cottage Farms plants.  They never look like the "this is what you'll get" plant.  Many of them were DOA.  

I'm a big fan of Bluestone Perennials.