Esteemed Contributor

Since I won't go to a garden center right now, I'm half tempted to order some plants from QVC vendors.   I had really bad luck with CF and Roberta's in the past and haven't ordered from them in years.   Are there any perennials on the QVC website currently that you can recommend as good growers?

Thanks.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo   Sorry to say, no.  I have also not had luck in the past with these brands.

I did, however have a great experience with CF hydrangea bushes.  Those seemed to flourish nicely for u, but that was it.   My hubby is an excellent gardner so he knows how to plant and take care of plants.  I would give Phil Watson's new line a go, why not?  He seems to be genuine enough and he was not in control with CF.  We actually have sized down since and live in a condo now so no more planting for us but I do enjoy the pretty landcapes.

Super Contributor

I have had wonderful luck with the Cottage Farms sun patients.  I order them every year and have people stopping to ask what they are and where I got them.  I see that Phillip Watson has his own this year, so I ordered a set from him and Cottage Farms.  I just put them in a pot with a bag of Miracle Grow potting soil and they are beautiful.  I also had very good luck with the Cottage Farms butterfly bush.

Esteemed Contributor

Never, ever, never....... can your garden center deliver to your yard.

Honored Contributor

No. Don't waste your money. 

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Plants? Good luck?

[ Edited ]

You might want to try HSN, they carry "Leaf and Petal" plants.  I ordered Echinacea from them and they arrived yesterday via UPS, not USPS, and they are in perfect shape, some with flower buds.

Nothing from QVC's CF except butterfly plants came in good condition last year BECAUSE everything was sent UPS, transferred to USPS and that is where the problem existed...some arrived at UPS Laurel warehouse on a Friday, sat in USP warehouse all weekend then transferred to USPS and the rough handling and more daily delays was not healthy for living plants; too many arrived dead, half dead or over-saturated with water and rotting.....  

Everything I received from Roberta's last year was received in good condition.  

USPS needs to be left out of plant delivery!

Trusted Contributor

I have a a few of Cottage Farms that I've had for a few years that have turned out amazing.  The  trick is patience.  You have to water and babyset them every day like it says. 

Because it gets so cold here even though they were ok for my zone 6,, I would cover them with about a foot of leaves for 1 or 2 winters. Like I said babyset.

Valued Contributor

I ordered Barbara Kings White Feather Hosta and planted them earlier this week.  They came in good shape and I am keeping my fingers crossed.  Like the other posters I haven't had any luck with CF or Robertas and have quit ordering their products.  I have several varieties of Hostas and was really intrigued by the White Feather.  

Trusted Contributor

@tototwo Does it have to be a TV shopping channel as a source for plants?  I'd recommend annies annuals dot com.  Reasonable prices, good selection, fast shipping. Also, check out some of the nursery vendors on etsy.  There are so many places to buy plants online, why not try some of those?

Esteemed Contributor

I thank you all.   Isn't Phillip Watson's new line grown and sent by Roberta's?  I'm a little confused about that.   I got sunpatients from CF once several years ago and they didn't grow.  

I have 2 large Rose of Sharon trees that I received from CF over 10  years ago.  They are gorgeous, but nothing else I ever ordered from CF survived.   I'm having second thoughts about ordering plants.  Maybe I'll just go plant-less this year.  I have a few holes to fill in my big garden, but I may just move things around.

Thank you.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt