Respected Contributor

I saw Philip is back on Q (horay!)and I ordered his 3 color Butterfly Bush (got it last year and outstanding) and his 3 heirloom Tomatoe plants. Two years ago I purchased the Jumbo Hardy Hybiscus (bare root) and OMG they are the stars of my garden! People can't believe they are real.....the flowers are bigger than dinner plates and so colorful. Highly recommend if they are offered again this year.

Cottage Farms Iconic Jumbo Hardy Hibiscus Duo on QVC - YouTube

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Since I won't go to a garden center right now, I'm half tempted to order some plants from QVC vendors.   I had really bad luck with CF and Roberta's in the past and haven't ordered from them in years.   Are there any perennials on the QVC website currently that you can recommend as good growers?

Thanks.

@tototwo   Everything I have received from Cottage Farms, here, at zulily, and Cottage Farms Direct have been great.  Once, a hydrangea died, but it was replaced immediately.  I also have many thriving plants from Roberta's, but some failures.

There are many sites online, Annie's Annuals, also sell lots of perennials, Digging Dog Nursery, and search by type of plants you want as "where to buy online" such and such.  This year I also bought from Plant Delights and New Garden Plants, healthy good sized plants.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl  - Thanks for your recommendations for mail order nurseries.  I was all over Dave's Garden dot com yesterday looking for recommendations.  Annie's Annuals was highly rated, but I don't know about ordering from a nursery in N. Calif -- much different climate than mine.  Years ago I used to get the Plants Delights catalog and ordered hostas from them a few times with OK results.  Also heard of Digging Dog, but never ordered from them.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo  If you are looking for healthy Hostas, I buy mine from In The County Garden and Gifts dot com. They offer mini, small, medium, large and X-large hostas. Feel free to call and ask questions! They are located in eastern Iowa, a medium-sized company run by a couple and their employees. Great customer service!

Set up your name and email, then view their hostas, heucheras and other plants. I enjoy their emails (not bombarded with them) as well, but I did sign up for them (my choice).  If you live close, they provide wonderful tours and week-end training classes! (Not this year.)

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

Hey @BirkiLady !  How's your eye?  Are you all healed?   

I checked out The Country Garden in Iowa -- they do have a couple sun perennials that I want and I'm still debating whether to order or not.   Thanks for the recommendation.  It looks like it would be a fun place to visit at another time.  

I want to roam thru a garden center soooooooooooo bad!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Contributor

I've had success with Roberta's and Cottage Farms.  I have several things ordered for delivery this year.  My only issue has been that the plants usually arrive earlier than our 'safe' planting date in PA.  I can hardly wait to get into the garden this year!    

Honored Contributor

I tried Cottage Farms and Roberts years ago and everything died or were dying on delivery---and trying to get them replaced was ridiculous so I havent bought any since. I did order from Robertas, lily bulbs, that did well last year and even ordered a few more things recently,  but decided to cancel as I really didn't think spending $$ right now on those type of things was a good idea for me.  usually go to my local nursery but that won't happen. but have many potted frangrant lilies that are starting to pop up. 

Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo  Delighted you found something interesting. In The Country Garden and Gifts is a relatively small business and I'm sure could use your business this year. I believe most of their classes are being cancelled every two weeks. Josh is in a wheelchair and his wife, Sue, does the accounting. With a few regular seasonal employees, they make their business work and are conscienceous about NO hosta viruses! Many people don't realize hostas purchased at big box stores or on-line are full of the hosta virus, which is wicked from what I've read. By buying from Josh and Sue, I've never encountered it. Whew! Plus, I really enjoy supporting a SBA in a neighboring state and admire someone willing to work hard in spite of his handicap. 

Yes! The bubble disappeared about three weeks ago. Just overnight it was gone! Now, I have to wait for Virus-19 to go away to return for an eye exam and my new lenses. But I'm seeing so much better, but that's not a biggie. So pleased with the surgery and the results!! Easiest surgery ever. Hope you are also fully recovered. Were you ahead of the virus and able to receive new lenses in your glasses? Thanks for all of your great answers to my questions! You were wonderful!!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Regular Contributor

Purchased a few items from the Proven Winners website last year and did so again this year.  The shipping charge is insane but I like the variety and quality.  

Esteemed Contributor

My bubble disappeared in early January, @BirkiLady .  It sure took its sweet time!   My last follow-up visit with my surgeon in early March was cancelled because of Virus.   I did see my opthamologist in late Jan because I have a "blind spot" -- he said it was a wrinkle in my retina.  Oh welllll..... there's always something.  Waiting for life to get back to normal to go back to surgeon.  

(Sorry to highjack this thread) 

I found out I can place a pickup order from our local Lowe's.   No shipping charges and I can inspect the plants prior to taking them home.    

- Eleanor Roosevelt