Honored Contributor

Re: Price point for trimming shrubs, etc.

@LonestarBabs wrote:

Just had this done at our house. $97 for a 3-man crew for one hour. Took them one hour to do what used to take one person 2 or three hours! We have shrubs all the way around our house -- some boxwoods, some hollies, some lorapetalum -- next to the house a well as around the backyard fenceline. They trimmed, bagged, and cleaned up within that time.

Our lawn guy used to do it for $200-250, so this is much more cost- and time-efficient. It's a landscaping and lawn care company that does pretty much everything.

@LonestarBabs

That is a great price.  I wish I could find a place like that.  We have calls in to several places but no return calls yet.  We have similar plantings that you described at our house -- front and back.  When we bought this house a few years ago, I was in love with the landscaping. The yard is small but was so beautifully done.  I don't know why it didn't seem to occur to either of us how much work it was really going to be!  Duh!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Price point for trimming shrubs, etc.

We paid a handyman $150 to trim 15 shrubs. Size wise, they were three feet high or less. I've been doing it myself but they really needed shaping and were encroaching on our Malibu lights so his fee was worth it to me.