Highlighted
Honored Contributor

From my northern California backyard, the astilbes near the birdbath welcome all our feathered friends.

DSCN0656a.JPG

DSCN0657a.JPG

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: Pretty in pink (astilbes)

@GingerPeach I've seen those when I lived in So. Cal. but never knew the name. Very pretty!

Honored Contributor

So pretty!

Esteemed Contributor

Very pretty!  I love the ferny texture, and the pink is beautifully delicate.  I also love a birdbath with a cobalt blue bottom, like the deep blue sea.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

They even grow in Nova Scotia.  @Lilysmom has some in her garden there.  If I remember correctly, hers are a darker red.  A lovely plant altogether no matter what color, @Love my grandkids Woman Happy

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Dreamy 

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach  Thanks for the pic!  I don't think that I have ever seen them, but they are so pretty and I am going to look for them at my local garden center.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the lovely pictures.  I love astilbe and have planted several varieties over the years, but they always struggle for me.  Don't think they like it here on the great plains.  Yours are very pretty.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo  Astilbe like shade to part sun. They struggle in areas of a lot of sun. Mine are situated on eastern & northern exposures & beneath a magnolia mixed with hostas. I do have 2 on a southern exposure but it’s next to the garden shed (Deutschland).

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach I really enjoy that color.  Such a dainty shade of pink.  I have an astilbe that is doing beautifully, but hasn't bloomed yet.   I would love to add more, if you can recall the color I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.