Honored Contributor

Re: Please help me before my idiot DH ruins our seedlings

I like the idea of turning your SUV into a greenhouse. It's actually kind of funny that he came up with it.

Respected Contributor

I just gotta chime in and tell you all a very funny story.  

When my youngest daughter was 2 yrs old, sitting in her car seat in the back seat while daddy was driving...he was cut off by someone in traffic,  and he muttered,  Ahhh C'mon!!

Well, immediately after he said that, he heard our daughter softly say, "  daddy says C'mon", and mommy says, "you idiot"....Good thing that's all I said🤣.  

We still laugh about it...shes 26 now.

Anyway ..I agree, keep the plants indoors in the sun🌞

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

It is 32 degrees outside, but the sun is shining.  He wants to put a tray of seedlings, about two inches tall, in the sun in the back of the car.  He claims it will be warm enough, I say he will kill the whole batch.  Opinions please.

@depglass 

Let him sleep out in the car along with your seedlings.Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

I would think the car would get too hot and the seedlings would die.  Or will you leave a window open slightly?

You would be better off getting one of those tube fluorescent light fixtures and suspending it on chains over the plants.  But I understand where your husband is coming from - he wants to save money.  We all have crazy ideas from time-to-time.  Smiley Happy

Evidentally you'd be better off getting a new husband, just kidding. He may surprise you. Best not refer to DH as an idiot. I lost my DH 19 years ago, and would love to have him here doing dumb things. Don't be frustated, there's time to replant. God Bless

@HLP 

With all due respect, I proclaim "my idiot husband" quite frequently, but never to his face.

Why?  He thinks he's the emperor of all knowledge on earth and knows everything.  Truth!  He became VERY angry with me this morning because our furnace is broken (5 days & counting) and the service company had to change their repair day from Wednesday to Thursday.  All I did was say, "Oh, darn.  The nights are so cold and I keep waking up."  That's all I said and in a normal voice, after which I turned to go into the bedroom, but he turned on me all red in the face, following in my footsteps.  I looked at him and said, "Jim, for cryin' in the beer, I'm allowed my own opinions and disappointments.  It does get bloody cold in here at night!"  (We have old, old badly leaking double pane windows.  He's abnormal: doesn't feel cold unless it's 28 degrees outside.)  So you see, I do have reasons to use that phrase.

Respected Contributor

I've learned to count to 20 go into another room , says my piece on the subject and then move on. mine usually comes around and calmly rethinks the problem and if he doesn't I am learning to ignore or say hey, lets get out and go somewhere for a while.

Trusted Contributor

I hear ya sister: I’ll be married 43 years this year: My husband was smart enough to marry me. Heh. Other than that, he’s a ‘man’ and of course…. an idiot.

Trusted Contributor

After 43 years of marriage to a man, she’s earned it.

Honored Contributor

Dazlin, one month later I revisited this thread and you cracked me up to the point my minor surgery incision stitches are killing me.  

Honored Contributor

All is well, I hope.