Super Contributor

Plant shipping is Very Very slow

My day lilies have not ever shipped!!! I have received plants from other places but the Q is taking Forever. Waiting and waiting. What is the problem.
Got some pathetic hostas from Barbara King. Now those they should not have sent. They were the size of my fingernail.
Respected Contributor

Re: Plant shipping is Very Very slow

Join the club !  I ordered the Heartland Chicken TSV on 4/15/2020. and here, now a week later ...still in process. Ho Hum.

Respected Contributor

@BesottedwithEskies wrote:
My day lilies have not ever shipped!!! I have received plants from other places but the Q is taking Forever. Waiting and waiting. What is the problem.
Got some pathetic hostas from Barbara King. Now those they should not have sent. They were the size of my fingernail.

I agree. Placed an order of Raspberry Bee Palm Plants from Cottage Farms and there were 3 separate delays listed with this message listed : " Due to global health events beyond our control, your package is being held for delivery at a later date."

By the time it arrived it was totally wilted and almost dead. Tryng to revive it but not sure it will make it.  I imagine it was stuck in a dark truck or warehouse for an extra 3 or 4 days. If it does not survive I intend to call QVC and ask for a replacement plant or refund.  Do not hesitate to get a refund.

Super Contributor

I ordered the Day Lilies on Feb.15!!!! What can possibly be holding up the order. In process for a long time.
Trusted Contributor

I've had 3 deliveries, one from Philip Watson's line (shipped by Roberta's), one from Robertas and one from Cottage Farms.  From the ship date to delivery has been no longer than 4 days.  Considering that they were in boxes for that length of time they arrived in good condition.  My baby cukes for instance have grown and have flowers.  Given they are still sitting on my windowsill since it is way to cold out yet I am frankly surprised.  Hopefully Spring is coming sometime in this year, need to get out in my garden and play since I can't go anywhere these days.

Trusted Contributor

I'm so sorry you are being made to wait so long for your plant orders.

I had the opposite experience.  My plants came super fast.  Some of my orders arrived before I even got the notification that it shipped.  Maybe that is what is going on with you too.  I was checking and checking online, but nothing ever showed.  All of a sudden, the plants were at my doorstep!

I have a feeling that they are inundated with plant orders this year since most of us can't get out to the nurseries or big box stores to get our plants.  If anything arrives dead or near-dead, call them.  They will refund you or send out a new order. You shouldn't have to deal with unhealthy plants because of their shipping delays, regardless of the circumstances.

Also, yes, Barbara King's plants are horrendous.  I ordered the Midnight Marvel Hibiscus and the bare roots came to me broken.  I got a replacement and one of those was broken too.  Just a total waste, in my opinion.  Her plants have some terrible reviews.  I hope they fix this for next year.

Esteemed Contributor

I regret ever ordering.  I ordered a shrub from CF that I've tracked from one side of the country to the other, and several cities in my state.  It's probably flown over or driven past my house, but I've never received it.  Yet.   I assume it will be dead when or if it arrives.

The sunpatients I ordered from Phillip Watson were never shipped.  The customer service rep didn't know if they ever would be shipped.  So I cancelled.

Warehouses and shipping companies are probably doing all they can considering employment problems caused by the virus.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

Interesting. I received my Barbara King hostas (bareroot) and mine were a nice size. I planted them and they are already growing and putting out leaves.

I got a notification yesterday that the other plants I ordered have been shipped. Of course it has been so darn cold here in the Philadelphia area (and raining) that anything that's tender can't go in the ground yet.

Trusted Contributor

@GinaV24 I'm in Delaware, close to the PA line.  The weather has been horrible, you're right.  Rain and cold and more rain and cold and looks like it will not be anywhere close to the 67 deg. average in the next week.  Since I can't go anywhere except the yard I just want to get out there and play.  My garden has become so overgrown since it has been pretty much neglected in the past 2 or 3 years due to my hesitation on getting my old knees replaced.  Well now I have these brand new knees and I have so much work to do that I can't do yet.  And the vines - my goodness they have taken over.  Yikes.

Respected Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

Join the club !  I ordered the Heartland Chicken TSV on 4/15/2020. and here, now a week later ...still in process. Ho Hum.

I too ordered them and they were sold out, look at your order, mine says in advanced, not coming now till 6 something.