Frequent Contributor

Re: Plant orders

[ Edited ]

When I thought that wait is over - the last shipment of roses to arrive was transferred from ups to usps on the 22nd in the morning - noooo! They will keep the poor roses in a warehouse somewhere, to die there of thirst until at least Monday! Outrageous! I don’t expect them to have any life left in them after more than a week on the road Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

I was always disappointed in what I received ...so I just don't order anymore..

Respected Contributor

The calibrachoas arrived yesterday, a few days ahead of schedule. Glad I was here and the box didn’t sit in the sun. They are small plants in a 6-pack, some blooming. Very thirsty. They look ok but ready for transplant to the ground or a pot.  I don’t anticipate any trouble with them. We’ll see if these are any better than the calis available in the nurseries.  First time I’ve paid so much for a 6-pack but fun to try qvc plants. 

Honored Contributor

@Dcole3wrote:

has anyone from zone 9 and higher recieved any plants recently ordered? I have some that say in process and have been billed, but they're just sitting there. Just wondering.

@Dcole3  Yes, I have received Cottage Farms hydrangeas and strawberry plants, still waiting for Roberta's plants.

Honored Contributor

@Dcole3wrote:

Thanks Smiley Happy   One set was supposed to have shipped Monday. It said processing by Thursday/Friday of last week. Still says processing.

@Dcole3  I think it also has to do with the weather conditions in the state the plants are shipping from.  At zulily, some plants ahve been "preparing to ship" for quite a while now, but have received others.

Frequent Contributor

Well, this is how it went. They were ordered on March 5th, put into processing on March 16th. After posting this thread and having been told the Hibisucus EDD was March 30th, it was fine and the plants should ship out the following week as scheduled.

However, on March 24th, I got a knock on my door. The plant were delivered. I thought that was odd, so I checked and it still had them as in processing. Finally, on April 2nd, it suddenly posted billing info recieved, shipped on 3/19 and recieved in 3/24. IDK - I have them and all is kosher - but what the heck? lol