Honored Contributor

I usually don't @mousiegirl, I keep tying up the side stems to the spiral. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@JustJazzmom  that's what I do, but you seem to have more tomatoes than leaves.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I tried the tomato spiral, but my plant quickly outgrew it, & also outgrew the tallest wooden stakes I could find at HD & Lowes.

I've now got it tied to a tall, iron shepherd's hook, but that won't last much longer either.

I wish that the stakes & spirals came in bigger sizes. Smiley Frustrated

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@JustJazzmom  that's what I do, but you seem to have more tomatoes than leaves.  Smiley Happy

That is not a photo of mine, but an internet photo just to show what a tomato spiral looks like.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

If tomato plants are potted, they do better in a tall deep pot, rather than a wide shallow one.

tomato plant roots go very deep rather than spreading out.

i have a patio tomato plant in a pot that is doing much better than the ones I planted directly in the ground.

we are finally getting sunshine and warmer weather.  So far, it has been cold and rainy and the garden is weeks behind in maturity.

Honored Contributor

Help!  I have two patio tomato plants in a planter, one is flowering and has clearly vibrant growth, the other has dark leaves that are curling.  I see no evidence of a pest issue but I need feedback.