Honored Contributor

Paging Lilysmom

[ Edited ]

Watching the Weather Channel today. Keep an eye out on storm track of Hurricane Teddy. Tracking indicates it will hit Halifax later next week as a hurricane. 

https://origin.www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at5.shtml?start#contents

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom , thanks for the link.  We spent the day continuing hurricane prep.  I have been closing down the gardens for about two weeks now.  On the main level of the property, all small garden ornaments are out away.  All gazing balls come in for the winter, swings are stored, any objects that could fly are stored.

Tomorrow we will hit lakeside and do the same.  I make sure we are hurricane ready pretty early each year.  

Dorian hit us very hard last year.  We lost five mature maple and birch trees.  I am talking about 50' trees.  I won't have to buy wood for the woodstove for a few years.  

As the trees all in leaf, they will be like sails.  We put on a new steel roof in April so shingle loss, for once, will not be an issue.

It looks like Teddy will be slow moving and  have a broad impact upon landfall.  It looks like landfall will be east of Halifax but that does not mean that the impact on Halifax City will be less as it is such a broad system.  They expect high winds Monday and landfall Tuesday with all the usual winds.

Gas on hand for the generator, food stocked up and the rest is out of our hands!  Prayers for all in the path.  LM