Respected Contributor

20191012_134440.jpgi20191012_134305.jpg20191012_134252.jpg20191012_134223.jpg20191012_134427.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: PICS OF MY BIRD STATIONS...

It looks very welcoming, especially to birds!  Do you have any problem with squirrels - or other critters - getting into the platform feeders?

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr , yes, we get squirrels,  but we chase them whenever we see them.   I'm leaning more towards the tray feeders, for the simplicity of them,  and easy to clean.   All the others, clog up, and are pain to take apart and clean,  and seed is wasted because it clumps.  I'm in high humidity here, and everything is soaked by morning.  So I'll deal with the squirrels instead. 

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin -

They must love that!

I'm sure they will be visiting a lotSmiley HappyHeart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dazlin   That looks very inviting.  I love your bird bath.  You might want to get a raccoon guard at Wild Birds Unlimited.  It would definitely keep the squirrels away.  You put it on the pole, and squirrels and raccoons can't get past it.

I have a bird feeding station in my back yard with a hopper feeder, cylinder feeder, and nyjer feeder.  I never have squirrels because they can't get past the raccoon guard.  I also keep the branches of nearby trees cut back so they can't jump to the feeders.

In my front yard I have a squirrel buster feeder, and the squirrels can't get to the seed on that one either.  This is just a suggestion.

EDF26CEF-46BA-4AA1-B2DD-51F784807C8D_4_5005_c.jpeg

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack ...I was hoping to hear from you 😀.  Did you notice the swing towards the back, and I hung the suet feeder this morning.   I saw those squirrel guards on WBU , ill keep in mind.    I may visit their store this week,  and I joined their site.  They have bird walk sightings in several local parks, and just had a garden tour today.  I'm hoping to do the next bird tour.   So glad you posted about them, thank you!!     So I'm all set up, and cleaned everything again,  topped off new seeds with sunflower mix and mealworms today.    I hope I didn't overdo,  because no birdies feeding here yet...sighhhhh 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

• @NickNack  the swing is in the 3rd pic, towards back of house with the blue birdbath 🙂
Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

@NickNack ...I was hoping to hear from you 😀.  Did you notice the swing towards the back, and I hung the suet feeder this morning.   I saw those squirrel guards on WBU , ill keep in mind.    I may visit their store this week,  and I joined their site.  They have bird walk sightings in several local parks, and just had a garden tour today.  I'm hoping to do the next bird tour.   So glad you posted about them, thank you!!     So I'm all set up, and cleaned everything again,  topped off new seeds with sunflower mix and mealworms today.    I hope I didn't overdo,  because no birdies feeding here yet...sighhhhh 

@Dazlin   I just went back and looked at the swing!  Everything really does look nice.  I did notice you put your suet feeder up.  I was looking at WBU's website again, and they have another baffle that's called a wraparound baffle.  You can put it on without having to take your feeders down.  You might want to talk to them about it.  I'll post a picture.

C5B9ABCE-A395-4A80-9141-8CD634A35BF4_4_5005_c.jpeg

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Those birds are mighty lucky....isn't it fun caring for the little critters!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Dazlin , what a welcoming spot for the birds.  They usually take a few days to scout out new feeders before they descend.  I am sure you will have lots of activity.  I a,ways place my feeders where I can see them from an inside.  We only feed the birds here in winter.  LM