Super Contributor

Re: PEONIES, FOXGLOVES, ALLIUMS

@BklynKinsey  What beautiful flowers. I am in a very rural area with deer, raccoons, and squirrels. They have destroyed ever thing I put on my deck. I switched to the back deck and the raccoons had a party with my potted plants. I enjoyed ur pictures and imagined sitting and looking at them. 

Respected Contributor

Beautiful garden specimens that would never make it in my TX heat and drought. In fact, I've never seen any of these blooms in person in my area. I'm jealous of your green thumb and good location for garden flowers. Thanks for sharing. 

Respected Contributor

@BklynKinsey  Just beautiful.  My favorite is the allium.  They are so lovely.  Mine are just coming into bloom now.  Thanks for posting.  LM

Regular Contributor

@BklynKinsey 

Stunning.  I am not familiar with the paler pink peony with the spidery center.  All our peonies are the traditional variety.

Super Contributor

@Rose429 wrote:

@BklynKinsey  What beautiful flowers. I am in a very rural area with deer, raccoons, and squirrels. They have destroyed ever thing I put on my deck. I switched to the back deck and the raccoons had a party with my potted plants. I enjoyed ur pictures and imagined sitting and looking at them. 

@Rose429   We have plenty of squirrels where I live.  Every Fall I plant hundreds of tulip bulbs in my front garden but I have to cover the soil with screening held down with landscape pins.  If not protected, the squirrels will dig up the bulbs and eat them.  The screening stays down until the beginning of March.  Even though I'm in Brooklyn we also get some raccoons and an occasional opossum!  They've chewed my hoses and lifted drain covers looking for water, and knocked over some flower pots, but, thank goodness, they haven't destroyed any flowers. So far no deer (LOL).

Super Contributor

@ladyfox412 wrote:

@BklynKinsey 

Stunning.  I am not familiar with the paler pink peony with the spidery center.  All our peonies are the traditional variety.

@ladyfox412 That pale pink peony with the creamy spidery center is called Bowl of Beauty.  It really is a showstopper.  I also have two Itoh peonies in my back garden.  They've already finished flowering this year.

Respected Contributor

@BklynKinsey  That is a beautiful display!  Just be cautious with pets if you have any, around the foxglove as it is poisonous to them. If I remember correctly from pharmacology class foxglove is used to make digoxin, the heart medication.