Contributor

Outside pool deck and the smell of urine from my dogs --

Gearing up for summer wedding rehearsal poolside. I love my dogs very much but I can't seem to get rid of the urine smell. I imagine too late in the training them where to go...but has anyone found any miracle that I can wash, splash, coat...whaterver to cover the smell? They seem to love the urns and any other corner where they can lift their leg. Just wondering! Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Re: Outside pool deck and the smell of urine from my dogs --

Try Don Aslett's XO, works wonders!!!

Respected Contributor

Try Odoban.

Valued Contributor

On 6/18/2014 Hoovermom said:

Try Don Aslett's XO, works wonders!!!

I agree. A few years ago I bought two beautiful queen anne upholstered chairs at a garage sale only to get them home and have them stink up the garage for weeks. I ordered some XO from QVC and in a matter of days I was able to bring them into the room they were destined for. Works great.

Maria

Esteemed Contributor

Product DetailsThere are several products for cleaning; however, in the meantime perhaps you could try to retrain your dogs to pee away from the pool area. Personally I don't believe it's that difficult to teach an old dog new tricks. Might be worth a try. Good luck with your wedding plans. Love is in the air. {#emotions_dlg.wub}
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

BUY A COUPLE OF JUGS OF VINEGAR AT WAL MART AND WASH IT DOWN WITH VINEGAR AND WATER.

Respected Contributor

On 6/18/2014 itsmagic said:

Try Odoban.

Another OdoBan fan here. The stuff works to neutralize cat urine, it can neutralize ANYTHING!!!

Honored Contributor

SCOE 10X works VERY well. It got rid of a raw rotten chicken smell in my freezer. The electricity went off for several days while we were on vacation last July when it was HOT. Oh, the smell in my fridge and freezer!!

It gets rid of urine, vomit and skunk smells too. You can buy it online. Just follow directions.. you need to keep the item wet for a while with the solution for really ugly, bad set in odors. It's a concentrate and makes a lot.

Super Contributor

I have used several products (odoban, OX, OUT,...), but Rocco and Roxie is the best at removing the urine smell. The others just cover the smell for a little while.

Super Contributor

In my experience with this (and unfortunately I have plenty of experience), straight white vinegar sprayed on the soiled spots and left will remove the odor. If it's wood, then you may want to wipe it off after a few minutes, but outdoors, I would just leave it. When it dries, all odor, including the vinegar smell will be gone. Vinegar is highly alkaline and breaks down the enzymes in the urine which kills the smell. I have tried it all and vinegar is the best and cheapest miracle solution for this stinky problem.