Super Contributor

I have orioles in my yard and they are singing their hearts out! This morning one sat on the feeder and drank, sang, drank, and sang. He was happy! 

Esteemed Contributor

Lucky you!  My very favorite bird!  I see one in my backyard maybe once during the summer-here in RI......so beautiful....

Honored Contributor

Lucky you! I saw orioles here in summer about 10 years ago -- one day in July.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

You are talking about birds, right...and not the baseball team!  I know baseball players like to drink and sing, also!!  Just a little Thursday humor!!

Trusted Contributor

I'm jealous!  The last couple of years in May I caught a glimpse of one in our backyard.  They're so beautiful!  Do you put oranges or jelly out for them?

Just this afternoon while looking out our back window I saw a hermit thrush!  He (or she) visits every Spring, then again in the Fall.  A few minutes later a blue jay was sitting in our elderberry bush near a tiny chickadee!  I love birds.  No matter how stressed I am spotting one of "our" birds in our backyard instantly lifts my spirits.  :-)

Honored Contributor

I had one hanging around for several days a couple years ago and was entranced with the beautiful bird.  I wish he'd come back.  They are not common here. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

They started coming about five years ago and drank from the hummingbird feeder. I read that they come back to the same area every year so I always try to get the feeder out by May 1. I usually hear them before I see them. And I tried oranges, they said phooey, but they GOBBLE grape jelly. I live in Kansas. 

Honored Contributor

I too am jealous - when I was a little girl growing up in NJ we had orioles in our back yard, some nested in a HUGE old maple tree in the back yard right outside the kitchen window.  We could stand there and watch them in those very cool hanging basket-like nests.  I haven't seen an oriole in years.  So beautiful.

Contributor

They are beautiful birds, I haven't seen any around here in a long time. We feed the birds year round. My husband and i sit out on our patio and drink our coffee and watch the birds come and go. Of course my favorite birds are our blue birds. We have 4 blue bird houses around our yard. This is the second set of blue birds that we have watched this year being hatched.

Trusted Contributor

There was a oriole by my hummingbird feeder, so I quick cut a couple of oranges in half and put a few spoonfulls of grape gelly out on a plate and he quickly jumped down and started eating and chirping his beautiful song.  I love watching him.  He finally brought his lady friend to eat too !!!!