Valued Contributor
Happy to visit Longwood Gardens this past weekend (near the Q!) in Kennett Square PA. Absolutely Fabulous. Orchid show there thru 3/24 if you can do it, but there’s always something beautiful. Also visited nearby Brandywine River Art Museum in Chadds Ford, just a beautiful place to see art.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Orchid Extravaganza Show

@birdQ13  Both places are fabulous.  When I was young and single, I spent one day of every weekend at the River Museum.  I always found it to be so relaxing.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I could visit Longwood every week and never get bored.  It's especially magical at Christmas with some snow on the ground.  I was awe struck by their Bonsai tree collection, with some being several hundreds of years old.  I especially enjoy the bromeliads because I used to grow them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Love Longwood Gardens. So much to see.

Honored Contributor

My husband and I used to go to the Brandywine area every February.  We visited the DuPont homes and museums and Longwood gardens.  We would take a second visit around Easter time.

It is always beautiful there.  If you ever get a chance, the Mother's Day brunch is really nice too.

Valued Contributor

Good home-cooking, comfort food in the area: really loved Hank’s in Chadds Ford. Mushrooms are the area’s claim to fame. Hank’s mushroom streudel a hit with my picky DH.