Honored Contributor

Re: Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

[ Edited ]

@FuzzyFace You can plant the frittilaria anytime before the soil freezes, so you still have time. 

Squirrels do not eat frittilaria bulbs. https://www.southernliving.com/garden/grumpy-gardener/bulbs-that-rodents-and-deer-wont-eat

Missing from the list are daffodils.

Most bulbs from the nurseries are chilled already.  They will not break dormancy at this time even if you have a bout of warm weather. 

Plant them all mixed because that looks looks better than in groups of the same color. 

Have fun with them. 

I still have hyacinth bulbs I dug up from mid summer to plant. ‘City of Haarlem’ yellow hyacinths will get a new home this fall, until I find a tree in a nursery to put them around. 

I still have time to plant them. I need to remove dead grass where they will go. 

When the garage was built, the tree I had was too close to the eaves. It had to come out.Woman Sad

Now my tree choices are Hally Jolivette or Hydrangea Vanilla Strawberry In tree form. 

I may end up with the hydrangea tree. It was suggested to me to plant a crepe myrtle tree, but everyone does that. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Maybe someday I'll have the nerve to plant the large flowered bulbs.  I had a yard full of islands of crocus then the bunnies moved in.  I thought they just hadn't come up but on closer inspection they were all nibbled off!  Got to say tough that they don't like the grape hyacynth. Those grow ANYWHERE. I keep digging them out to plant in other spots but must not get them all cause come springthme...THEY"RE BAACK!  ( maybe it's my Dad looking out for them. When I was planning what to plant way back when I asked him what flower he'd like.  He said something that matches my eyes. so Ol' Blue eye got his flowers and they're still going strong!)