Respected Contributor

OMG they just rolled out fake ivy

Any real gardener will tell you that real big ivy like that is impossible to be rid of. I took a chain saw to big Algerian ivy which is now killing my neighbor's tree. No outdoor fake plant looks good for long here in the California sun. If you like it, good luck to you.

Honored Contributor

Re: OMG they just rolled out fake ivy

Thanks for the chuckle!Woman LOLWoman LOL

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Your title made me burst out laughing...

While they were presenting it...i kept thinking how is that ever going to last out in the rain...sleet...snow...rain...wind..etc etc ...

Honored Contributor

A neighbor has these and uses them for privacy on her deck and they have held up well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought the fake ivy (and it didn't look like ivy to me) was tacky.  Dan Hughes was singing its praises and I can't believe he actually uses it on his farm - to hide the oil tank in his front yard, he said.  The lady was denigrating the chain link fence, which I thought was very nice.  On the other hand, if the fence was old and rusty, I might consider hiding it with this plastic monstrosity.

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I thought the fake ivy (and it didn't look like ivy to me) was tacky.  Dan Hughes was singing its praises and I can't believe he actually uses it on his farm - to hide the oil tank in his front yard, he said.  The lady was denigrating the chain link fence, which I thought very nice.  On the other hand, if the fence was old and rusty, I might consider hiding it with this plastic monstrosity.

If the fence was old and rusty, I might consider tearing it down and replacing with new.  Cat Embarassed

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

I thought the fake ivy (and it didn't look like ivy to me) was tacky.  Dan Hughes was singing its praises and I can't believe he actually uses it on his farm - to hide the oil tank in his front yard, he said.  The lady was denigrating the chain link fence, which I thought very nice.  On the other hand, if the fence was old and rusty, I might consider hiding it with this plastic monstrosity.

If the fence was old and rusty, I might consider tearing it down and replacing with new.  Cat Embarassed

True, who needs plastic plants and foliage in their yard!  The leaves come off and become litter blowing around.  I had a neighbor with a brown thumb who would decorate outdoors with artificial plants.  Tacky, tacky, tacky.

Trusted Contributor

@Pook wrote:

A neighbor has these and uses them for privacy on her deck and they have held up well.

I have these, too (bought them last year from Improvements catalog, a different version) and used them for privacy reasons.  I was desperate, long story I won't go into.

They worked well for me, and lost few leaves. 

I have lots and lots of real green growing around me, I'm an avid gardener.  So, you really didn't pick these out as "fake, fake" right away.  My friends didn't even notice, until I pointed them out.

Yes, I know, fake greens and flowers get a bad rap for tackiness, but as I say, I was desperate, and I had tried other privacy solutions that weren't working for me.  I'm thinking of getting these in the tall version for another spot this summer.