Esteemed Contributor

Not one indoor plant in my house...

I love to garden as my friends here know.  I do not, however, have one house plant.  Is that strange?

When I worked, I travelled a lot so I never kept plants because DH would never remember to water them.

I don’t care much for bouquets of flowers either so I tell DH not to to waste his money on those.  I also don’t really like roses at all.

Is anyone else like that or is it just me?  Maybe I have so much outside, I don’t to repeat it inside,  LM

Honored Contributor

Re: Not one indoor plant in my house...

No indoor plants in my apt.  I used to have some cactus in the kitchen window - don't recall what happened to them.  

I live in a high rise apt ... if I want to see gardens, all I have to do is go down to the park.  I can see the tree-tops from my 10th floor windows.

Honored Contributor

I love flowers and love to garden.  I do not care for indoor plants at all.  Too hard to water and too messy.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom wrote:

I love to garden as my friends here know.  I do not, however, have one house plant.  Is that strange?

When I worked, I travelled a lot so I never kept plants because DH would never remember to water them.

I don’t care much for bouquets of flowers either so I tell DH not to to waste his money on those.  I also don’t really like roses at all.

Is anyone else like that or is it just me?  Maybe I have so much outside, I don’t to repeat it inside,  LM

That really surprises me, you have such a lovely yard. Do you plant butterfly weed,see my post?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I used to have some houseplants & then I got too busy with other things & gave everything away — plants, pots. 

My outdoors keeps me busy. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I have both - fresh flowers and houseplants. 

Because I live in the PNW among big trees and not a lot of light I am limited to what I can grow inside - peace lilies do really well.  I have to admit I have a couple of small faux plants tucked into a book case in den for a touch of green. 

I always have a bouquet of fresh flowers in the house. I grow hydrangeas, lilacs, peonies and daisies so I pick those when they are in bloom but I just arranged a large vase of pink lilies that I purchased at Costco.  

Honored Contributor

For years I didn’t have any indoor plants and I never missed them.  I’m too lazy to remember to take care of them, and inevitably they need repotting.  Then they get to a point that they’re too big for me to handle.

However, when my husband passed away, people sent plants.  And more plants.  And more plants.  I didn’t keep them all, and some died.  But I did keep a few purely for sentimental reasons.  My big dog ends up knocking into them when she’s playing with her toys and my younger cat likes to play in the soil.  So, I’m not sure how much longer they’ll last.🙂

Honored Contributor

I use to have so many beautiful indoor plants that my apt was considered my personal rain forest a and/or jungle.

Then I bought Killa home.  The jungle became his personal jungle gym.  All my plants were destroyed w/in a week!!!  icon_exclaim.gifThat ended that!

Now all I have are 2 silk trees in my bedroom that Killa does not know exists.  I also live in a highrise in the boonies.  My view - tree tops.  Do have a beautiful skyline view. Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I have two shamrock plants I picked up at the grocery store almost 4 years ago.  They were quite small.  They are hardy plants...still going strong!

58A41853-B058-40A6-9915-7973BCAD954E.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

I have two shamrock plants I picked up at the grocery store almost 4 years ago.  They were quite small.  They are hardy plants...still going strong!

58A41853-B058-40A6-9915-7973BCAD954E.jpeg

@alicedee  your plants are beautiful!