Respected Contributor

Just hauled 27 bags of mulch from my driveway to the backyard and laid down mulch all morning - not bad for a woman in her mid-60s!  (aka tough old broad)

Honored Contributor

Re: Not bad for a days work...

Good for you, @hoosieroriginal!

Gardening is terrific exercise...if you don't "use it", you'll lose it!

Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal ~ That was a lot of hard work you accomplished,

good for you!  I would definitely soak in a epsom salt bath and take a couple of Advil to ward off any evil aches and pains.🛀🏼

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal, I bet your beds look fantastic!  That is on my to do list this year.  I second @AKgirl2 suggestion for a long soak after all your hard work!  LM

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

No problem....I could do that, too, if the mulch was in brown paper lunch sized bags!!  lol... Glad you are in such good health!  

Honored Contributor

At our age,

Image result for thumbs up animated pics

Respected Contributor

I wish I could still do that.  I had to quit after having double hernia surgery.  I now have a big piece of mesh holding my innards in, so I don't dare lift those bags anymore.

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal That is a lot of hard work but I bet it is satisfying to look out at the completed project.

Respected Contributor

Great you did it...60's not too old...keep at it. I find it rewarding when I get so much work done..makes me happy. I just potted several roses in LARGE pots, carried BIG bags of soil , etc. Oh yeah, my back, and body didn't like it...but I did!! 😀 drs think I may have an internal hernia, but I go about carefully...I'll deal with that if and when. Enjoy your hobby!!
Esteemed Contributor

Good for you!!!   How are you feeling today?

The Boy Scouts will deliver my annual mulch order this weekend, so I'll be hauling and spreading next week.  Wish me luck - I'm 68.   But, I have to say, I love spreading mulch.  The smell of the mulch is spring to me. I just sit in it and move it around and get mulch all over my clothes and in my hair.   Ahhhhh.... spring! 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt