Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom  Wow. That's a big coyote. I wonder how much it weighs? I've never seen one that big. Have you captured images of other animals on your camera?

Esteemed Contributor

@Jtdmum, interesting.  Off to look up fisher at.  We have bobcats as well and they have been seen on the trail cam.  I saw a lynx once where I used to live, about ten miles from my current home.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4, bobcats, rabbits and domestic cats on the camera.  The biggest coyote is the size of a full grown German Shepard.  Normally a bit smaller than that...probably female v. Male.  LM

Trusted Contributor

@lillysmom Fisher Cats are part of the Weasel family.  They can grow pretty big-(That coyote you have in your post is probably one of the biggest I've seen!)

Last fisher that came up throgh the woods actually slit my neighbors chain link fence when he was climbing over- one of my old phones has a text pic of him from another neighbor.  He thought it was a bear! 

Trusted Contributor

and...Your property looks beautiful!

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

and...Your property looks beautiful!

Yes it is. @Lilysmom Is your yard in a hilly area?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nocturnal visitors

[ Edited ]

@Jtdmum@colliemom4 DH says he has only seen one fishercat.  He says they are called pine martens here.  I am surprised we don’t have them here. We have all their prey.  Did you know they are one of the few mammals that kill porcupines?  Wow.

Yes, we have a hilly property.  The front yard is flat and the back yard terraces down, then we have a road down the hill where we have other gardens.  I love all the different levels.  Although we have no children, this property is a children’s delight to explore.  There are paths everywhere.

The garden is all put to bed for this year.  Only the leaves left to do.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Jtdmum@colliemom4 DH says he has only seen one fishercat.  He says they are called pine martens here.  I am surprised we don’t have them here. We have all their prey.  Did you know they are one of the few mammals that kill porcupines?  Wow.

Yes, we have a hilly property.  The front yard is flat and the back yard terraces down, then we have a road down the hill where we have other gardens.  I love all the different levels.  Although we have no children, this property is a children’s delight to explore.  There are paths everywhere.

The garden is all put to bed for this year.  Only the leaves left to do.  LM

@Lilysmom  I thought it looked hilly. I'm sure it's absolutely beautiful. Very interesting about the critter that kills porcupines. I always enjoy your posts and pics. Thanks for sharing!