Honored Contributor

WOW,  I have never seen one that big.  I’ve seen only the skinny, rangy looking ones.  

I know know you must have been very careful with your doggie!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nocturnal visitors

[ Edited ]

@denisemb, an armadillo would be a first for me too!  Do they do any property damage?  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe, lots of prey for them lately.  The coyote population is very healthy now.  Lots of reports of people hearing packs on the move.  They can be very vocal.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Drythe, lots of prey for them lately.  The coyote population is very healthy now.  Lots of reports of people hearing packs on the move.  They can be very vocal.  LM

@Lilysmom

I’m in central NC ... are you anywhere near me?  Oh. Gosh, I hope these critters are not!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom

DH only saw his footprints, so we didn't have any damage.  I guess they like to damage lawns.

Denise
Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@denisemb, an armadillo would be a first for me too!  Do they do any property damage?  LM

@Lilysmom  Yes they do!  THey dig and root like crazy. 

Esteemed Contributor

That looks like a fox to me.  Our coyotes are really scruffy creatures.  

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

That looks like a fox to me.  Our coyotes are really scruffy creatures.  

@Snoopp @Lilysmom

I could be wrong of course, but I did live in coyote country for a while, and honestly this looks like a wolf to me.  I do live in wolf country.

Could it be?

No snipe, or disrespect meant, just curious.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nocturnal visitors

[ Edited ]

@Drythe, no I am in Canada, Nova Scotia.  

There is is such an animal called a coy wolf.  It is a cross between a coyote and a wolf.  They are quite common here.

Definitely not a fox.  A fox’s hair on the body is sleeker and the tail is much bushier.  Too big for a fox.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@Snoopp, they are scrawny looking when there is no prey.  Lots for them to eat last winter and not much snow so an easier winter for them.  LM