Respected Contributor

Very nice!  My dad used to grow double Hollyhocks very similar to yours!  

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal

BEAUTIFUL!

I do have a question for you.  When you put out a birdhouse is there anything you do to ready it. i.e. put twigs/leaves inside?

Respected Contributor

Your primitive birdhouses are wonderful just love the cow & rooster, I need those!  My house is decorated with primitives inside & out, it's a simple style that suits me. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Respected Contributor

@katy keene wrote:

Your gardens are lovely.  What part of the country?  I have serious garden envy.  Try as I might, my perennials never bloom like I want.  The deer and the mites get first dibs.

@katy keene - Indiana 

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

You are very humble.  Everything is beautiful and gives off such a peaceful vibe. @katy keene, I believe Hoosiers are from Indiana so that would be my guess as to the location.  I'm reading a mystery that takes place in Brown County, IN so I was going to check if that is a real location.

@AuntG  - Yes indeed - Indiana - and Brown County is definitely a real place.  In the fall droves flock to Nashville, IN in Brown County - a little taste of heaven.  Shops, food, fall decor - just lovely and the trees are amazing in Brown County in the fall.

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@hoosieroriginal

BEAUTIFUL!

I do have a question for you.  When you put out a birdhouse is there anything you do to ready it. i.e. put twigs/leaves inside?

@eddyandme - nope, the birds take care of that.  Found a nest and some eggs inside one this spring - the nest had been abandoned. 

Respected Contributor

Lovely garden 💞

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal, thanks now I don't have to research my question about Brown County. A character even bikes to Nashville and I was like "Whoa", the only Nashville I know of is Tennessee so I thought maybe the locations were made up by the author.

Valued Contributor

So pretty.  We have an assortment of birdhouses and feeders and love watching the birds.   Your expanse of lawn looks so lush.   Beautiful!

Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal, how awesome your new birdhouse looks!  I wish you and @Lilysmom were next door neighbors, I would actually pay an admission to tour your beautiful sanctuaries!