Honored Contributor

Re: My experience with SpringHill Nursery

There is a forum for posting positive or negative reviews of plant companies.  I accidentally stumbled on the forum, and read that a company that I had made a large purchase with in March had many negative reviews, so I called my bank as I was still within the thirty day time frame, and told my bank that I had been scammed.  Long story short, he ignored my bank's correspondence, so I received a full refund, as my bank got it through his bank.  His name is Pernil Gerver, I believe, not sure of the spelling.

There are many forums, and plant info, I have used the site for this mostly, but it can be very informative on so many plant topics.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

There is a forum for posting positive or negative reviews of plant companies.  I accidentally stumbled on the forum, and read that a company that I had made a large purchase with in March had many negative reviews, so I called my bank as I was still within the thirty day time frame, and told my bank that I had been scammed.  Long story short, he ignored my bank's correspondence, so I received a full refund, as my bank got it through his bank.  His name is Pernil Gerver, I believe, not sure of the spelling.

There are many forums, and plant info, I have used the site for this mostly, but it can be very informative on so many plant topics.

Thank you, Mousiegirl, for the suggestion.  I filed a negative review, and certainly wish I had known beforehand to look for such information.  At least, maybe my review will save someone else the aggravation I'm experiencing now.  That's precisely why I originated this post.  On that same vein, I also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.  

I'm glad to hear you were able to recoup your money.  It's a shame there's so many shoddy businesses around these days.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

In terms of really good garden forums, I recommend Garden Web-- the categories are divided into many topics to name a few -- hydrangeas, roses, perennials, by area of the country, parts of the state (depending on your state). Now I've been a member for years there and recently within the last 6 months, Garden Web teamed up with Houzz, the design website so let me provide the link for Garden Web/Houzz so people can 'look see' what those forums are all about.

Everyone there is very helpful and those who are knowledgeable share their knowledge and there is no snippiness or snark there (as far as I can see on the forums I've frequented). One more thing-- if you sign into Garden Web forums you can use the same info to sign into Houzz and vice versa.

Link to Garden Web Forums

Link to Houzz

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay, I know I posted the links to a garden forum where people are very knowledgeable there. Just wondering if it disappeared into the ether or was it removed by the mods?? Woman Surprised

I'm posting it again in the hopes that it got lost in the ether somewhere.

Garden Web forums-- which has teamed up with Houzz so if you sign into Houzz, you can use the Garden Web forums and vice versa. Topics are numerous and arranged by alphabetical order. I've been a member for years and the people posting have been very helpful to me.

Link to Garden Web forums

Link to Houzz

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

My bad experience with SpringHill continues.  The chat I shared in the original post occured on June 16.  I received an Email from them the next day, giving me a new ETA of June 25.   Imagine my surprise when I checked the status last night to see "cancelled" and that they have placed the 6 plants back into my shopping cart!  This morning I received an Email as a  "friendly reminder"  that I left items in my cart. Mind you, they have not sent a word to notfiy me they've cancelled the order or to discuss refunding my money.

Trusted Contributor

I second the suggestion for Bluestone Perennials.

Another trusted source with beautiful plants is Brushwood Nursery. They also offer native vines. I ordered a native honeysuckle from them recently and was delighted with my order - a nice large healthy plant arrived and it even had a starter trellis supporting the vine (a sturdy bamboo stick).

Respected Contributor

Thank you, PilatesLover, for the recommendation and the link to Brushwood.  I checked out their website, and it's really nice.  Unfortuantely for me right now, it appears they're exclusively into vines and climbers.  

Honeysuckle can be quite beautiful.  I hope your plant flourishes for many years to come!  

Fortunately, my experience with Spring Hill has come to an end.  My order is officially cancelled and I am told a refund has been issued.  

Never again.   "Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

Esteemed Contributor

@IamMrsG I'm glad to hear that it sounds like you've been able to get a refund. Smiley Happy

About 15 years ago, I ordered six freedom roses from Spring Hill. They are still thriving. I haven't ordered anything since then, but I sometimes contemplate ordering. Sorry to hear about your experience with their customer service. That didn't sound at all like the company I dealt with. Smiley Sad
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wildcat Fan, I suspect you are right in that my Spring Hill wasn't your Spring Hill.  When you think about then vs now, though, how many things are as good as they used to be?

I have an addendum to my saga:  I received a request from Better Business Bureau, asking what, if anything, I have heard from Spring Hill since filing my complaint in early June.  According to the BBB, Spring Hill has chosen to ignore their inquiry.