Honored Contributor

All  your roses are magnificent.

May I ask what part of the country you live?

Honored Contributor

DSCF7710.JPG

Honored Contributor

Thank you, lulu2, Northern CA.  It has been hot most of this year due to the drought.

Honored Contributor

Mousiegirl, they are all absolutely beautiful, you are a great gardener!  Your yard must be beautiful!

Honored Contributor

DSCF7659.JPG

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

Mousiegirl, they are all absolutely beautiful, you are a great gardener!  Your yard must be beautiful!

Thanks, hooty, it is one of my passions, always has been, that and animals. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

DSCF7673.JPG

Honored Contributor

I want names!! What is the lilac colored one? It looks like Poseidon or Neptune.

Do you have mostly the English roses? Our area just finished the first flush of roses.

I started with English roses in my rose garden, discovered half of the ones I chose get blackspot and started paying attention to what was planted at Extension garden. I now have mostly floribundas and some shrub and grandifloras with a few hybrid teas and 2 miniatures.

I am now focusing on fragrant roses that are disease resistant.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

DSCF7158.JPG

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

I want names!! What is the lilac colored one? It looks like Poseidon or Neptune.

Do you have mostly the English roses? Our area just finished the first flush of roses.

I started with English roses in my rose garden, discovered half of the ones I chose get blackspot and started paying attention to what was planted at Extension garden. I now have mostly floribundas and some shrub and grandifloras with a few hybrid teas and 2 miniatures.

I am now focusing on fragrant roses that are disease resistant.

Yes, Jazz, almost entirely English, a few floribundas, and a few grandifloras, I think. I try to get continually blooming roses, the rest are repeaters.   Due to our terrible weather this year, hot, cold, hot, even the disease resistent roses get black spot, but I just pick those leaves off, and all is well.

By lavender, do you mean the first rose I posted?